『Chapter Ten』

Shizuo told me he reserved a seat at 6, so I had 3 hours to get ready. I didn't know what to wear since I haven't really been to a fancy restaurant with a guy... especially with the man I love. I told Shizuo I'll leave for Celty's place. He told me to be safe, and that kind of made me blush and made me want to just hug him forever. He was so cute when he was worried. When I got to Shinra's apartment, Celty was there. I thought she would be out working for some underground people, but I guess she was taking time off today. Or her work was at night today. "(Y/N)!!!!" Shinra said. "What happened to your arm?!?!?" "Idiot." Celty texted. "Didn't I tell you already? Her bone stabbed through her arm so the doctor chopped it off." Celty turned to me. "Are you feeling alright? What brings you here?" "Yeah, I'm fine," I said.

I looked at Shinra who was watching our conversation intently. "Well, Shizuo and I are..." "He finally confessed to you?" Shinra exclaimed. "About time! He's been in love with you ever since who knows whe--" Celty cut him off with her arm around his neck, strangling him. "Ignore him." She texted. "Well." I said. "We're going to dinner tonight and... it's pretty fancy. I need your help since... I haven't really been to those kinds of restaurants." Celty let go of Shinra. "Well, I guess we have no time to lose, yes?" She typed. I nodded, smiling. "Thank you." Celty told me I should wear something simple. Nothing too sparkly and poofy, but not too casual. She got out a simple, long, sleeveless black dress. I wore it and Celty observed me again, thinking. She got out a big, thin scarf. It was more like a piece of black and gray striped silk fabric, really. She tied one corner of the scarf to the middle and did the same with the other corner.

It made two holes for me to put my arms through them, and created a beautiful cape. Celty said I looked great, but wanted to do something with my hair. I usually kept it up in a ponytail, but Celty decided to do something different. She moved my ponytail to the side where my bangs were facing, and let my hair fall onto my shoulder. She added a pin with a silver flower on the hair tie that was holding my side-ponytail. She said I didn't need make-up, but she told me that I should wash my face just to get the oil off. To finish my outfit, she gave me gray flats. I looked at my watch.

5:21 P.M.

"I'd better go." I told Celty as I left for the door. "And thank you for everything." "It's fine," Celty typed. "Now go and show Shizuo you're the only woman for him." I don't know why, but I felt my eyes tear up. I hugged Celty quickly, thanked her again, and waved goodbye. I heard Shinra say. "Can I get a hug too?"

[Time Skip]

I texted Shizuo to meet me at the restaurant. It was ridiculous how I had to pay about 5,000 yen to climb the stories of Sunshine 60 by elevator, but I couldn't blame them since I was about to ride on one of the fastest elevators in the world. When I got to to the 59th floor, I waited in front of the restaurant for a while until I saw Shizuo come out of the elevator. He was wearing a casual suit, his shirt unbuttoned slightly. He didn't have his sunglasses on, so people didn't recognize him as Shizuo Heiwajima. I couldn't blame them because he looked too sexy to be Shizuo Heiwajima. "Hey." Shizuo said. "Hi." I said, smiling. I had never seen Shizuo like this, fancy and all, so my face was probably bright red. "You look..." Shizuo blushed. "You look nice." "Thank you," I said. "You do too." We entered the restaurant. It was a fancy Asian cuisine restaurant called Joe's Shanghai.

When we entered, I immediately worried if Shizuo could pay for all of this: The lights were salmon pink, and the tables were covered in a white tablecloth. It looked awfully modern, and windows lined up against the far wall and showed the city of Ikebukuro, alive in lights. I smelled Chinese food and perfume fused in one, a weird smell. The waitress escorted us to one of the tables that were next to a window. We sat down and the waitress gave us our menus. "Um... Shizuo?" I asked. "Hm?" "Can you actually pay for all of this?" Shizuo smiled. "Tom gave me money. He told me not to tell you this, but I had to since I don't wanna lie." "Oh." I said. I looked back at the menu and we decided what to eat. We ordered a dinner course called "Joe's Magnificent Taste" to share. After we ate and were full, we left the restaurant with empty pockets but our stomachs full. "So." Shizuo said. "Where to now?" I shrugged. "How about the roof?" "You mean the sky deck?" Shizuo asked. He shrugged and answered. "Why not?"