{ FIFTEEN }

CHAPTER 15 | Teacher

ZACK'S P.O.V.

Talking to Mark so freely had been one of the most fun things that ever happened. Well, it wasn't that freely, because I still felt a bit nervous around him, thinking about if I should say this, or say that, and not knowing how he would react. It went quite well, I even made him laugh, and he told me I was funny. When he said it, I couldn't believe it. It was his very first compliment towards me. HE THINKS I'M FUNNY!

Although I will admit, talking about looking and dating hot girls wasn't my topic of interest, and that's what we talked about the most. But if that's what Mark likes to talk about, then I'll just have to do the same, so he doesn't think I'm boring. Even if it means having to lie and say that I've had plenty of girlfriends and that I have... had sex with them.

The truth is that I'm so single that I haven't even held another person's hand. Not in a romantic way, at least.

I don't regret having offered to help Mark with his Spanish homework. He even asked me to give him my number! Well, he ordered, but still. I had never thought the popular jock would have someone like me in his contacts. I know he just asked for it so I can help him with his homework, but I'm sure we'll be doing something more than just helping.

Mark had looked so cute trying to speak Spanish exactly as I did. His pronunciation was terrible, but he still tried, and he had sounded quite sexy as well, speaking in other language. I should teach him some more phrases.

In the end, being around Mark wasn't that bad now. When he acted friendly and nice like he did a while ago, I didn't feel scared anymore. I just wanted to keep hearing his deep voice, looking at those grey eyes, and hearing that sexy laugh of his.
It's not like I don't like being around my friends. They're fun people too, and very supportive, but with Mark I feel something different. Maybe it's because I like him so much. It's a shame he doesn't feel the same way.

After Mark had left, I was going to leave, noticing that my friends hadn't appeared either. But as soon as I turned the corner, I found them all standing there, scaring the hell out of me. I asked them what they were doing there, and they said they had been eavesdropping. Again.
Amber said that when they saw me and Mark talking so freely, they decided not to interrupt us. On the one hand I was a bit embarrassed that they were listening, but in the other, I was glad they decided not to interrupt. So I just shrugged it off.

Amber continued babbling about how cute me and Mark looked talking and laughing together. She even mentioned something related to a ship. Like, her ship was sailing, or something like that. Is her dad a sailor, or...? Never mind, Amber worries me more every day.

Although then, she said something that didn't sound so crazy. She said that every love story starts with a friendship. But Mark and I don't have a friendship... yet, or I don't know. We've only been talking nicely for a couple of days. I don't know if he considers me a friend. I don't know if I consider him a friend, either.
And if we had a friendship, I don't think we would become... something more in the future, like Amber said.

First, he's straight.

Second, he has a girlfriend.

Third, he probably still is an homophobic.

The thought of us being a couple is just a fantasy. My love towards him is something impossible.

I tried not to think too much about it as my aunt finally parked the car in front of my place after leaving Amber at hers. But I was too lost in my thoughts that I didn't hear my aunt calling for me.

"Zack!"

"Oh, sorry." I said snapping out and opening the car's door.

"You've been very thoughtful lately." She said as I walked towards the house. "What were you thinking about?"