TWELVE (Stella P.O.V)

Picture: painting by Peter Perlegas. 

'White Canvas Operation' phase thirteen: flood the market.

Penthouse on 998 Fifth Ave, New York.

"All right, I admit it: I loved it. You can take me to the ballet whenever you want from now on." I kick off my high heeled shoes the moment I step on the carpet of the entrance hall and I heave a satisfied sigh. Sunny looks at me with an amused smile, the first one I've seen in the last couple of hours, and takes her shoes off too. I don't know what happened to her, she seemed sad and melancholic while we were in the seat box watching the dancers; it was pretty obvious that her mind was miles away from that theatre, thinking... maybe she was remembering Cassandra... other nights... other ballets... What do I know? The truth is that Sun is quite reserved, she hardly discusses her feelings and her pretty face doesn't give clues about what's happening inside her head if she doesn't want to. "Are you tired?" I ask noticing the dark circles under her eyes. She's been working nonstop in order to carry out the last wishes of her wife and in addition to this she's been helping Rosen with the companies and businesses.

"Yes, a little... it's been a long day..." It's true, I almost forgot about the scary moment we lived this morning with the damned flower pot. However, she was terribly shaken by the episode. "Are you hungry? Mrs Rupert always leaves some snacks in the fridge for me when I arrive late at night just in case I want to grab a bite."

"No, thank you. I'm fine." We walk down the corridor and I can't help grimacing, I always forget about the amazing works of art that are hanging from the walls of this apartment and I discover something new and stunning everyday... Like this beautiful Queen Anne table made of walnut wood, with curved legs and bronze handles, that's placed against the wall of the back hall. There's a gorgeous Art Noveau vase made of bohemian crystal and silver with a bouquet of white freesias... Cassandra's favourite flowers. I enjoy their scent while stopping in front of the door of my bedroom and Sun does the same on the other side of the table.

"Good night, Stella. I'm happy since you ended up having a good time at the ballet..." she smiles shyly at me holding her purse and shoes in her hand and leaning the other one on the door handle.

"Good night, princess..." I turn around in order to open my own door when her hesitant voice stops me.

"Stella... this is your home now, I mean that if you want to invite someone to stay over you can do it, there's no problem..." I look at her shocked, why are we even talking about this? One single petal from the flowers falls on the floor next to her foot and she bends down to catch it before speaking again. "Julie is a wonderful woman, seriously, if you compare her to other high society ladies she could even pass off as a good person..." She bites her bottom lip staring at the floor. "I know you just got out of prison and I thought that maybe... you'd want to... intimate with someone."

"Oh... mmm I don't..." Sun keeps looking at the floor blushing and I can't stop the mischievous smirk that's spreading across my face. "I'd rather take it easy, a lot has happened lately and I think I won't be able to focus on a relationship right now, even if it's something casual with no strings attached. Besides, a women's prison isn't like the ones of men... it's not like I'd spent 6 years without sex..." My new boss blushes even more. "But thank you for your concern..." She nods and opens her bedroom door getting in almost running. I can't help chuckling.

I also walk into my bedroom and let my precious shoes drop on the carpet carelessly. My eyes are drawn to Sunny's beautiful birdies, hanging both sides of the window: the Klein blue background highlights the silver material and the light of the lamp flashes on the metal. I can't help chuckling again remembering her pink cheeks while taking my jumpsuit off and going to the bathroom in order to take my make-up off too, wearing only my underwear. But my reflection in the mirror doesn't smile anymore and my face's frowning back at me... The truth is that I'm not bringing someone home because I don't want to... the only woman I want in my bed is Sunny herself. I've tried to avoid her, I've tried to focus on my works, but every time I see her the attraction feels stronger. When she's sitting in front of me having dinner, I remember every single detail of my fantasy, the way she moved, the heat of her naughty tongue, and my core starts throbbing. I wonder how my beautiful princess would behave in my bed... she always keeps her poise, so elegant and graceful... Would I be able to drive her crazy? To make her lose control? Screaming, groaning, talking dirty? Oh God, I love a challenge and Sun is a good one, in every sense of the word...