03

Luke was the kind of person that saw things as a game, a sort of challenge. If something was denied to him, he took that as incentive to work harder to gain it. If someone turned him away, he say that as that person egging him to try harder, to work harder.

And once he had his mind set on something, he never gave up. But of course, he hardly even had to try much harder, because hardly anyone could resist it deny him. It's just the kind of person he was.

Now Macey, she was the kind of girl Luke hardly ever went after. He could see that she wouldn't give in easily, even after only having a few small encounters with her. He could also see that she was far too respectful of herself to invite him into her bed as easily as all of the other girls he preyed on do.

Despite this, he still wanted her. He knew it wouldn't be easy, but there was something about her that made him want to devour her.

He questioned why he should put so much effort into wheeling her when he could just find another girl to bed, but he wouldn't give up nonetheless.

Her rejection turned him on more, and made him want to try harder.

~~

Luke strolled confidently up into Attica, his eyes landing on his perfect target. He approached the hostess's podium, where Macey stood, staring down at the layout of the restaurant.

She was trying to find a table where the newest walk-in group could be seated for their dinner, but the task was much harder than it seemed. All that was available were two person dining arrangements and all of them were scattered among the restaurant.

Yes, people knew that if they wanted to eat at Attica in a large group with no reservation, especially on a Saturday night, that there would be a wait. Macey was trying to minimize their wait.

When Luke walked up to her podium, she didn't even notice him. He didn't dare speak up because he liked watching her.

Her brow was furrowed as she studied the seating, looking at the color coded marks that told what time each group that was already seated arrived.

The way her face was focused and her eyes darted from spot to spot made Luke smile.

She's cute, Luke thought, immediately retracting that though. He never thinks or calls a girl cute. He'd call them hot, sexy, or something of that nature. Never cute.

Taking a routing glance around, Macey peeked up from her current project, jumping back, startled by the tall boy standing in front of her podium. Her bright eyes widen and she quickly fumbles through the reservation papers, looking for his name.

"Mr. Hemmings, I don't have your name on the list today. Would you like your usual for two, though?" Macey asks professionally, just as she was trained. She was told to regard Luke as a high-ranking customer and make sure he always got the best and quickest of service.

"Oh, no I'm not here to eat. I was here to ask you what time you were getting off of work." Luke spoke with such composure and calmness that it shocked Macey, catching her off-guard. She stared at him for a moment, not replying.

"Sir, I don't believe right now is the time or place..." Macey trailed off, putting a tremendous effort into not rolling her eyes.

"Yes, that is why I was asking what time you get off of work. It would be appropriate if you're off work," Luke simply stated, flashing her a dazzling grin.

During their conversation, a new group had walked in and were sitting at the waiting booth. Macey stepped out from behind her podium, ignoring Luke momentarily. She tended to the new customers before telling them their wait time and walking back behind her podium.

Luke looked at her expectantly, and when she shook her head, he headed further into the restaurant, disappearing from Macey's sight.

She continued to her job, seating the reservations and waiting for tables to be cleared for walk-ins. Macey was so busy with her work that when Luke passed by her, she didn't notice him.

~~

Macey walked out of the front doors of Attica, glad for her afternoon shift. She was ever so thankful that she did not work until close, because she always dreaded having to clean up in the kitchen even though she didn't work in there. As she walked on the sidewalk, she began to notice a silhouette leaned against the edge of the building. She couldn't make out the features of the person because the setting sun was directly beyond the person, blinding her sight.

Macey decided that the person was just standing there for no reason, and was not there to kill her or anything like that. Too often did she imagine something like that happening to her. She calmly got nearer and nearer to passing the person, doing her best to ignore them. When she got close, the figure stepped out.

Macros heart accelerated slightly, her eyes trying to focus on the person and not the light surrounding the person.

"Luke?" Macey said as soon as she realized it was him. She actually did roll her eyes this time, feeling very annoyed.

"Hello, Macey," Luke replied, smirking at her surprise.

Did he stay here the whole time? This thought banged around in Macey's head. What a creep.

"I asked your manager what time you got off, so I came back." It was as if Luke had read her mind.

She raised an eyebrow at Luke. "You asked my manager?"

"Yes, and for the record, she said that we would make a lovely couple," Luke stayed matter-of-factly. He grinned.

"Yeah, and she's been divorced three times," Macey retorted, pushing past Luke.

Luke wasn't letting her get away that easily. He grabbed her elbow as she passed him, stopping her from any further escape.

She slowly turned back around and looked at him, waiting for whatever it was he was going to say.

"Macey, would you want to go on a date?" Luke asked her formally, definitely on his best behavior.

Why was he trying so hard for this girl. He never watched his mouth and actions like he was then.

"That depends who is asking. If Harry Styles is asking, yes." Macey responds snarkily, talking about a well known pop singer.

"Harry styles? Come on, isn't One Direction for twelve year olds?" Luke mocked, taking his turn and raising his eyebrow at her.

Macey half-mocked offense, placing her hand to her chest. She was actually a huge fan if the band. "Absolutely not!"

Luke rolled his eyes, trailing his hand that had been resting around her elbow down to her hand, squeezing her fingers. "Go on a date with me?"

The gesture was small, sending tingles up her arm from the contact. Macey looked down to her hand, and then back up to Luke's eyes. She noticed just how bright of a blue they actually were. He was wearing casual clothes, a band shirt and a flannel around his shoulders, ripped black jeans adorning his legs. The hopeful smile on his face made her wonder if going on a date with this stranger would actually be that bad.

Finally, after an internal war, Macey replied.

"Sure."

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

WOO Delilah updated!!!

School sucks, did you know that? It causes me to neglect all of my beautiful readers who deserve much more frequent updates! I will do my best and write in any free time I have, but today was the first day I wasn't struggling to get to bed on time due to my million assignments.

I hope you enjoyed this!

Comment, vote, follow!

xox -Delilah