08

When Luke pulled his super fancy, shiny red car in his driveway, Macey should have assumed that he would have a big house. She did assume that.

What she wasn't expecting was a mansion before her eyes when they pulled through the gated driveway. The path up to the house was beautiful stone and there were particular blocks colored differently so that there were designs on the driveway.

Since it was beginning to get a little dusky outside, there were upturned lights illuminating the façade of the house. It gave the large dwelling a magnificent aura, making Macey wonder what the hell Luke's parents did for a living.

Luke pulled around the house and into an open car garage. When he walked around the car to let out an awed Macey, she stepped out and her eyes almost bursted out of her head.

Surrounding them in the garage were other expensive cars. She spotted an Audi, a Ferrari, a Porche, and two other cars she couldn't even name. They were all super sleek and shiny, and the wealth of Luke's family was further proved.

"So this is how you woo all the ladies," she mumbled, gazing at the expensive cars.

"Actually," Luke began, a bit of nervousness in his voice. "I've never brought a girl here."

Macey raised her eyebrows in shock.

"What?"

"I've never brought a girl here, except you," he confessed again. A small blush rose on his cheeks.

"Oh," was all Macey replied. She enjoyed that fact.

Luke reached for Macey's hand and she gave it to him before he led her through the garage' entry to the house.

When they stepped through the door, Macey quickly observed the not-quite-modern, yet not-quite-vintage decor of the hallway they were in. Luke took his shoes off and placed them by the door and motioned for Macey to do the same. The home had a very welcoming feeling to it and the bright light made Macey feel comfortable.

"I'm home!" Luke called out. To whom, Macey wasn't sure.

"Luke? You're home ear-" a woman stepped around the corner and into the entrance Luke and Macey had just stepped through. "Oh, who's this?"

A smile was on the woman's face as she questioned her son in delight.

"Uh, mum this is Macey...my...friend?" It wasn't intended to be a question, but the inflection in his voice made it obvious he didn't know exactly what they were.

"Well, hi Macey! I'm Luke's mother! You can call me Liz," she said, quickly approaching Macey and giving her a hug. Macey found it inviting yet a bit odd. She hugged back.

"Hello," Macey shyly replied. She always got scared in a new place with new people.

"I was just fixing dinner if you two haven't eaten yet," Liz informs them, her eyes darting between them.

"Uh, okay, just call us when it's done?" Luke mutters, obviously a little embarrassed by the pink in his cheeks.

"Sure," Liz replied as like rugged Macey out of the hallway and through another room.

This room was obviously a family room, as it had pictures hung and there were two recliners and a sofa. There was one large tv in the middle of the room.

Luke didn't give Macey much time to sight-see as he kept pulling her through the house.

When the two of them finally reached a door, he opened it and flipped a switch, revealing a staircase in front of them.

So this is the part where he turns into the creepy serial killer, Macey thought to herself.

Luke let her in front if him and she descended the stairs slowly, afraid to fall from how nervous she suddenly felt. No, she didn't actually feel like he was going to kill her, but now that she was on his turf, anything could happen.

When Macey reached the base of the stairs, she stopped and turned, waiting for Luke to reach her. He placed a hand on her back when he got to the bottom and ushered her into the basement.

What Macey thought was the basement was actually small, in-home theater. There were theatre style seats, a popcorn machine, and a large screen.

"Thought you said we weren't going to a theatre," Macey joked, sitting down in the front row seat that Luke led her to.

"Ha ha," he responded, giving her a smile before walking through a doorway. When a light turned on, Macey saw that the room was a kitchen.

Some noises were heard as Luke moved about the kitchen, but Macey didn't want to be nosy so she say where she was. Instead of seeing what Luke was doing, she looked around the room.

This theatre room had movie posters hung as if it were a real cinema, with the dates and covers of the movies displayed behind glass cases. There were also decorations of a similar motif. There was a old film camera metal decor piece and that matches other pieces such as a film reel and an old Hollywood red carpet.

Macey heard a popping noise all of a sudden from the kitchen where Luke was, and she knew immediately that it was popcorn. She suddenly wished he would have used the popcorn machine, but it was probably only a piece of the decor.

When Luke finally returned, he had a bowl of popcorn in his hands.

"What would you like to drink?" He asked Macey.

"Water, please," she responded, taking the popcorn as he handed it to her.

When he returned again, he sat next to her and put her drink in the holder on the armrest, and his on the other holder.

"Now, what movie do you want to watch?"