Chapter. 16

I had a hard time with how this chapter was written. Origanlly, it was going to be a bit more gruesome, but I think this works best. I hope you like it. Review!

Song: It will Rain-Bruno Mars

"How do you know my grandmother?" I asked moving around to stand by her side. Viola glared at me but kept silent.

"Oh, you don't know?" He asked inquizicaly. I shook my head no before he went on. "Well, let's just say we go way back. About 25 years." He stated. I felt eyes get big and I didn't think I was going to like where this was going. "25 years ago, there was...business...in New York. So, my alpha sent one of the best members to take care of it. He wasn't family, more of a stray that my pack took in, but smart none the less. He was meant to stay for only a week. Wound up staying for nine months. Kept his affair with a foreign pack secret for a long time." My mouth had dropped open and I felt like my heart was going to pound out of my chest. "Rainer was his name. Rainer Joseph Wilkes. We tried to give him a second chance, forced him to move back to California, but that didn't stop him from sneaking off for two or three days, claiming he wanted space from the pack. This went on for about seven years. No one had questioned him, because he was so....different. He really was like a big puppy. Then your dear old grandmother here tipped us off to his...indiscretions and demanded we do something with the rogue omega. We did, out of fear of course. My pack couldn't take on one as large as yours." I turned towards my grandmother who held her head up high. My mouth had fallen to the ground and I'm sure my eyes looked like golf balls.

"You?" Was all I could manage.

"Close your mouth Autumn. It's unbecoming." She ordered, eyes still locked on Peter.

"You look just like him you know. Same dark hair and oddly colored eyes. It was such a pity to loose him really." Peter added. "But I knew from the moment I saw you, you was Rainer's offspring." He turned back to my grandmother, "I thought you were going to take care of that?" If it were possible, my jaw dropped even further.

"Take care? You were supposed to-to...KILL me!" I asked astonished. She didn't answer me but from the look in her eye, I could tell it was true.

"It was part of the deal. We take care of our 'pup'; she was to take care of her 'pup'. But from the looks of it, she didn't have the guts. But then again, maybe she did. After all, she did kill her own blood." He said confidently. I stared at him for a long moment before it dawned on me what he was hinting at.

"Enough." Viola ordered.

"Seems history has a way of repeating itself don't it Viola?" He smiled a devilish grin.

"Get the fuck out!" She yelled from beside me. I was still in shock and felt like faint.

"My pleasure. I'll be seeing you again soon Autumn." He replied before taking off.

"Autumn..."

"NO! Get away from me!" I screamed at her, smacking away her outreached hand.

"Listen to me Autumn, it had to be done." She stated softly.

"Fuck You! You killed my mother! Your own daughter! I've always known you were a power hungry bitch, but this, this makes you a monster! I'll fucking kill you for this!" I continued to scream.

"I'm sorry Autumn." She whispered. I met her eyes and seen the true sincerity underneath. But that still didn't change the fact of what she had done.

"No. You're not getting off that easy. Not this time Viola."

"Uh-can I interrupt?" I heard Stiles timid voice calling from behind me. "But there's a dying werewolf here." I was snapped back to my other situation. Rushing over to Derek I pulled him forward, lying him on his stomach. Stripping off his jacket I gazed at the ever present hole still in his back. Taking Jared's advice I leaned down and begun lapping at the wound. (Sick I know, that is if Stiles gagging in front of me had anything to say) I could taste the toxin but didn't feel it affecting me in anyway, so I continued. I listened to the slow heart beat of Derek. Only beating about ten beats per minute. As long as he had a pulse, that was all that mattered. I kept up my assault but the potent taste of the toxin didn't seem to cease.