Chapter. 14

Song: I Would Do Anything For You-Foster the People

"Dude, what do we do?" Scott asked holding peeking out the double door windows.

"I don't know." Stiles whispered back. I used the wall to help myself up and wobbled towards the doors. Peering out, I didn't see any movement. I searched frantically for any signs that Derek might be alive. Stiles spotted the bolt cutters on the ground outside the door and crept out.

"Stiles? What are you doing?" Scott asked frantically. Stiles put his hand up to silence Scott and crept closer. The alpha moved out from the side of the camero, spotting Stiles, and lunged towards him. Stiles grabbed the cutters and scurried back inside the school. There was hard hit on the door as the alpha hit it. Placing the bolt cutters in the push rails to hold the door shut.

"That won't hold him long." I announced. I followed behind the two boys in a mad dash down the schools hall and into a classroom.

"Shit. What do we do now?" Scott and Stiles both looked towards me for answers. Crawling over to the windows I dared a peek out the window. "Well?"

"I'm thinking." I snapped back. "Stiles?"

"Yea?" He whispered back.

"What's wrong with your jeep?"

"What? There's nothing wrong with my jeep. There'd better not be!" He glanced out the window to the massive hole in the hood of his car. "Mother Fucker!" He snapped! I watched as his face turned red with anger and was about to go into a fit.

"Stiles. Calm down."

"What do you mean calm down? That's my baby." He started breathing heavy and I had the slight fear that he would go into a panic attack.

"I'll pay for it. Just calm down. Take deep breaths." I waited on him to comprehend when he finally started to settle down.

"Hey, what about Derek's car?" Scott asked still looking over the window seal.

Shaking my head no I answered, "Derek has the keys." My heart ached when I said his name and I felt queasy again. Pulling it together I tugged Scott down on the floor with Stiles and I. "Both of you have to be quite." I whispered. "Alphas have twice the hearing as betas." Something crashed through the window above us, showering us in glass, and slid across the floor. When I looked I noticed it was Stiles car battery. Both of the boys took off running leaving me sit there. 'WUSSIES!' I insulted in my mind before getting off the floor. I stared out the window and found the red glowing eyes staring back at me. I felt my anger building inside and couldn't help the growl that escaped. "I know you can hear me." I spoke allowed, keeping my eyes locked to his. "If you killed my mate, I'm going to kill you." I threatened.

"Not dead....Autumn Harvelle....I know you..." He whispered back from the wood line. My eyes went wide when he said my name.

"Then you'll know...I'm an alpha." I replied, still slightly shocked.

"I know....much more....than that" He answered back. His voice hinted at human, but held a more beastly tone. My curiosity was getting the best of me when I heard something unexpected. "Viola." My grandmother's name carried through the night air and tugged me down. My heart sank to the bottom of my stomach.

"How do you know her?" I asked cautiously. I still hadn't taken my eyes off of him.

"Long time....too long" was the last thing I heard when Scott came crashing into the room.

"Autumn. What are you doing?" Scott tugged at my arm, trying to pull along. I pulled out of his grasp and went back to the window and yelled...

"How do you know her? Tell me you piece of shit!" I demanded. The eyes glowing back at me I found where mine. "Come on! What are you afraid of? Show yourself wuss!"