Chapter.1

"Hey, how's the man hunt going?" My best friend Kasey asked over the phone. Her tone was light and playful.

"Oh Gahh! You have no fricken clue. The past three towns have been dead and if not dead, they only had old, lonely, fat werewolves with bad breath and nasty jokes!" I complained.

"Autumn, you just have to keep looking. I'm sure there are other werewolves. Ones who are single, hot, and alpha worthy. You just keep looking and I'll hold the fort down here." Kasey urged. She really was the best friend a girl could ever ask for.

"Yea, ok. I'll keep searching." I said tiredly. I was getting really tired of driving and even more tired of searching for the perfect mate.

"Hang in there. And hey, when you do find him, see if he has a brother. You're not the only one who needs a mate." She joked.

"Good bye Kasey. Oh and I'm stopping in a town called Beacon Hills. It's in California. So you know? If you I get mutilated for trespassing on 'unknown' territory." I added. She sighed into the phone before adding an 'Ok' and hung up. I drove around the town passing Beacon Hills High School and Beacon Hills Hospital along with several motels. Most of them vacant. I didn't really want to be on the inside of the community rather further towards the country where I had plenty of room to run. I passed through a suburb, passing a light blue house, with a matching blue jeep and a police cruiser resting in front of it. Don't ask why I zoned in on that one. There was just something about it that felt familiar.

I rolled the window down in my yellow charger and stuck my hand out making the wave motion. The bitter winter air causing goose bumps to tingle across my skin. I leaned my head back against the head rest and pushed harder on the wheel. My skin felt tight and my senses were painfully alert. The smell of wood smoke graced the air from all around. I breathed deeply, enjoying the relaxing scent. I reached over and clicked on the radio. My favorite 'The Naked and Famous' song coming on and filling the silence. I sung along (and very out of tune)...

We lye beneath the stars at night,

Our hands gripping each other tight,

You keep my secrets hope to die,

Promise to swear up to the sky.

I tapped my free foot to the beat and kept searching for a place to stay. Finally running out of options I settled for Beacon Hills Cozy Hotel. Woods lined the back so it would be easy access. I parked outside next the front entrance and stepped out, taking another deep breath and stretching my cramped body. The cool air sweeping under my white button down coat. Pulling it closer I grabbed my purse and started my walk towards the hotel's entrance only to stop when I caught a weird scent. It was musky mixed with a slight woodsy and aftershave. I recognized the aftershave as Smokey Mountain. I had smelled it often within my own pack. The males couldn't seem to get enough of it, and the females loved it. Myself included. I had always said I would chase a man through the woods if he wore it, only problem was, I couldn't bring myself to chase any of my own male wolf members. They were too much like family.

Passing if off as my mind running ramp it from the whole 'You have to find a mate or loose your place as alpha female' thing I started in. The hotel manager was a pretty handsome guy too. Tall, dark skin, light brown hair with an athletic build. His name tag read 'Dylan'.

"Hello. And how are you tonight?" He asked chipper. I couldn't tell weather it was fake or not.

I smiled back before answering, "Not to bad. Room for one?" I asked.

"Sure thing. Queen or king?" He asked back, smile still on his face. I thought for a moment before deciding on a little luxury. I'd spent the past few nights sleeping in my car or barely sleeping at all.