Chapter Eight: Getting Along

So it's been a while and to be honest I had no intentions of continuing this story since I lost interest but people kept commenting and voting. Guess I had something okayish going here haha. This is one of the chapters I had in my drafts and I figured I would post it. If you guys really want me to continue I will try my best. Thank you for everything :)

Bethany's P.O.V

"Bethany!" I heard Becky, Jade, and Zoe yell getting me to turn around.

"Oh, hey guys." I smiled turning towards them as they ran up to me. "What's up?"

"Okay so hot Marcus just tried asking Zoe to the dance but she blew it!" Becky exclaimed out quickly. I looked over to Zoe with a 'come on' look. She just smiled and rolled her eyes.

"That's not what the problem is." Zoe said. "Okay so Raven obviously has some issues and I think Pin and Ted aren't telling us everything."

"Yeah it's werid Pin never told us he owned Raven." Jade climbed in.

I frowned, thinking she was going after Pin again. "Zoe he still hasn't completely forgiven you for getting him arrested. I don't think accusing him of holding back information is going to get you back on his good side."

"That's not it!" She exclaimed seeing how upset I got. "Well, kind of. We were thinking that if we stopped treating Pin like an outsider he would stop acting like one."

I crossed my arms liking that they were finally going to treat Pin like the human he is. "That would cool." I smiled.

"Sooo, we were thinking that you should ask him to the dance!" Becky exclaimed getting my face to blush.

"I don't know. A dance doesn't really seem like his kind of scene." I muttered, tucking a piece of my hair behind me ear. "I bet he hasn't even gone to any of those."

"Well, maybe he should." Zoe suggested, getting me silently groan at thought of embarrassingly asking him. "The guy needs to loosen up. I feel kind of sorry for him being stuck out in the moors with his dad, being all moody."

"He's not moody." I said though I knew I was wrong. He is sort of moody, well with them. "But I guess he does need to loosen up a bit."

"Yeah!" Zoe and all the high-fived each other getting me to smile and roll my eyes.

-

I walked up the hill to Pins house, getting all nervous about asking him to this stupid dance.

When I looked up, I saw Pin and Zoe walking out of the crate together. "Oh." I said getting them to look over to me. They both smiled when seeing me. "Sorry, am I interrupting something."

Zoe shook her head walking over to me with Pin by her side. "Pin was just telling me about Raven." She smiled widely.

I nodded my head glancing over to him to see him smiling over to me. I blushed slightly and ignore the butterflies in my stomach. "Oh, then I should leave you guys to it. I was just coming to check on the pony." I said backing and turning to go back to the stables.

"I was thinking that you and I could go talk to your dad and get him to realize that horseback riding isn't bad." Zoe said excitedly making my face get scared.

"He would never. You can't ever speak to my father, especially about tell him he's wrong." I said in a hurry with definite fear in my tone.

Pin gave me a look but I ignored him looking to Zoe who was a bit upset with how quick I shut down her idea. "My mom came around, maybe your dad will too. He just doesn't understand, but we can make him." She continues to push.

"No." I said, making my tone firm. "My dad is nothing like your mom. You have to promise me you won't tell him." She made a face like I offended her. I need her to not try and fix my problem, she doesn't even know the whole story. Nobody does and I will make sure nobody will.

"Okay, okay." She said looking like she was slightly taken back by my tone. "I'm sorry."

I sighed, instantly feeling bad for raising my tone but I had to. If she were to go to my dad... I don't even know what would happen. "Don't be. It's just...my relationship with my father is complicated. He's complicated and he can never know I went against what he told me to do."

Zoe gave me a curious look before nodded her head. "Alright." She smiled, deciding not to push. She then let out a breath of air as she looked to both of us. "I should be getting back. I'll see you later Bethany and Peter."

I gave a confused look from Zoe to Pin. Did he also tell her about his mother? I wondered. Pin though did not seem to like what she called him as his face fell and became grave. He must be thinking about his mother.

"Only my dad calls me that." Pin replied, putting his hands in his back pockets.

Zoe smiled, "Oh, so Pin's a nickname." She said, looking like she was piecing it together in her head.

Pin shook his head, looking a bit aggravated. "Its not a nickname." He shook his head as confusion went across Zoe's features. I decided to stay out of it. His business and how much of it he wants out is not mine to tell. "It's my name."

She nodded her head and I was afraid she was going to push. "Alright. Pin is it." She smiled and walked away. I let out a breath of relief, not wanting the two to get into another fight. 

Pin and I both waved as she left, looking like she was walking. "Where's her horse?" I asked, turning to Pin to see him already looking at me. He blushed when being caught.

"She walked." He replied, answering my questioned. "She came over to ask me about Raven and his history. Apparently my dad knew a lot about it."

I smiled and bumped his shoulder. "I'm glad to see you guys getting along." He chuckled lightly as he shook his head. "I can't say I miss the going back and forth."

"Are you here to see the pony?" Pin asked after a moment, glancing over to the shack.

I then suddenly became a bit nervous as I thought about asking Pin to the dance. In the end I decided to chicken out and ask him later. "Yes...and hang out with you!" I smiled up to him as he blushed lightly from the last part I said.

"Let's go." I walked past him and into the shack, unknowing if he was following me or not.