How does this work?

The Bookshop Gauntlet works in rounds.  Books must get a conglomerate score of 6 out of 10 points to advance to the next round. Scores are an average of all three Readers' input. 

There will be no one single 'winner'. All books that make it through the three rounds "win." If no books make it through all three rounds, then there are no winners. 

Round One:

The readers approach your book. The first thing they see: title and cover. Do they find them interesting? When they pick it up and read the blurb, do they want to open the book and find out more? (10 points)

This round is about advertising and how well you're marketing your book.

Round Two:

The readers liked your title, cover and blurb enough to open your book and read the first snippet of the first chapter. Do they like what they read? Do they want to take your book over to the comfy chairs and read more? (10 points)

This round is about your opening hook and introduction to the world and characters of your book.

Round Three:

The readers liked what they read enough to take your book over to the comfy chairs and read the entire first two chapters. (No matter what they are called. See "Selection Criteria") Did they enjoy it enough to take it up to the cash register and buy it? (10 points)

This round is about how the beginning hook is developed and the quality of writing.

If your book makes it through all three rounds: Congratulations, your book was BOUGHT and you qualify for prizes!