「Chapter 8」

You are an (A/T)
---------------------------

It was early, the early hours in the morning made this situation a little more calming. (Y/N) inhaled softly as she took in the morning air. It was cold but had a warm feeling to it at the same time.

Its been 2 weeks since the cliff indecent happened and Sonic was barely letting (Y/N) go outside by herself due to him being afraid she'd run off and do something stupid.

But he's slowly begun to trust her again. So taking the opportunity, (Y/N) would wake up early in the mornings just to sit outside under a tree in the cold and softly wet grass.

The calm wind that blew against her fur made her feel relaxed. For once in her life she felt like she had no worries and no one to worry about. With Sonic slowly trusting her to leave the house and her bruises from her asshole "boyfriend" slowly fading away she felt she had nothing to worry about.

Well almost nothing...

That peice of paper Shadow left on her night stand that night stayed there untouched and began to collect dust.

Her mind filled with questions to what the paper could say. But she kept telling herself not to open it.

So trying to get that note out of her mind she began to take interest in some things like reading or just sitting on Tails' porch with a nice warm cup of tea and just listening to the soft howls of the wind.

But sadly these were not enough to keep her mind from wandering to the note that sat there on the night stand where she slept every night. Even on some occasions Sonic or Tails would walk in to check on (Y/N) and see the note and ask what it was.

All (Y/N) could say was " I don't know... Shadow left it for me to open but never did."

All Sonic and Tails could ever say was "Oh.."

So finally settling on the thought of the note, (Y/N) finally decided to open it after 2 long weeks.

Sitting on her bed with a single lamp that stood on the nightstand right beside her gave her enough light to see the piece of paper and all that was written on it.

Opening the note and wiping off the small dust particles on it she read the few words aloud to herself.

"Spirits see everything."

Perking her ears up and blinking her eyes a couple of times to make sure she read it right.

"Spirits see everything?' What does that even mean...?" (Y/N) quietly said as she looked up from the piece of paper and looked around the room.

Thinking back for a moment to when she was on the cliff, she saw something that was now very hard to describe.

The only thing she remembers now is a mix of blue and yellow glowing lights hovering above the cliff drop.

Even the words it was saying to her were not to be remembered. It was nothing but a jumble of words. And from what she did remember it was pointless nonsense.

She could never tell anyone about this due to them thinking she has a concussion or something, so keeping her thoughts to herself was the best idea for her mental and physical state.

~°Couple Days Later°~

After reading Shadow's note that's all (Y/N) could think about. What could that have meant?

"Spirits see everything."

Looking up at the cloudy morning sky she blinked a couple of times before closing her eyes fully. Taking every moment of quiet to figure out what the hell he means.

"Nice to see that your out here instead of being inside."

Opening her eyes (Y/N) looked over at her purple cat friend.

"yeah I figured it would be better for me to do this instead of hiding out my entire life." (Y/N) responded as she looked up towards the gray sky.

Blaze smiled a bit as she stood next to her friend who was dazed by the sky.

"I admire you for being brave enough to be out here by yourself. I would have been to.... What's the word..." Blaze paused as she put a finger under her chin to think.

"Afraid...?" (Y/N) said.

"Ah yes I suppose," Blaze nodded. "Oh I almost forgot Silver said he wanted hang out with you today if that's okay. He said he wanted to take you to a movie I guess? I dont know but come inside when ever your ready." Blazed said softly as she turned around and went back inside.

"Alright sounds good.." (Y/N) said as she sighed quietly and looked back up at the sky.

Hearing a sudden branch break made (Y/N) lose her focus and drew her attention towards the source. The only thing that could be seen was a patch of bushes and flowers. They moved slightly meaning something was there.

Being more on guard (Y/N) stood up as she got ready for anything. (Y/N) quickly relaxed as she seen a small white rabbit hopped out and towards her. Smiling softly (Y/N) picked up the small rabbit and hugged it close. But taking in the features of this animal she noticed something in particular.

The eye color.

This rabbit had abnormal eyes, bright blue eyes. They were very bright. Paying no mind to it (Y/N) gently put the rabbit down and pet its head on last time before leaving.

But little did she know the rabbit watched her leave and hopped in the direction she walked.

Its blue eyes glowing brighter than ever now and the ears perking up.

Some animal's take on the form of many different things.

But in this case........ A spirit is closer than she thought.