ANIME: Miraculous Ladybug

I know people are going to come at my throat for calling this an 'anime'

I know people are going to come at my throat for calling this an 'anime'. In fact, I know It's a cartoon but it was mentioned  by the author and his crew  that he was inspired by Japanese Anime and Manga to create his story and characters. And to be honest with you, I wouldn't share this if I didn't genuinely thought it was worth watching. 

Episodes:  2 seasons  with 26 episodes each (Ongoing/ they are planning on making season 3 as well)

Rating: ★★★★★

Genre: Superheros, Magical Girl, Romance,comedy 

Summary: Marinette Dupain Cheng, a shy clumsy girl, happens to have the biggest crush on Adrien Agreste, the son of Gabriel Agreste, a famous designer in Paris. They attend the same school in Paris, but are unaware of each other's true identity, yet they work together to fight Evil. When people get akumatized (possessed by the power of evil) Marinette becomes Ladybug, a confident super heroine, whereas Adrien becomes Chat Noir, a flirty superhero who enjoys teasing ladybug during their missions. Chat Noir /Adrien has the biggest crush on Ladybug,and can only bring himself to show it when he's in his superhero form, and Marinette/Ladybug on her side, doesn't seem into Chat Noir at all, yet she is head over heels for Adrien. What they fail to notice is that they already know each other (Note that they must kept their identities secret) Their miraculouses ( the earrings/ring that give them their magical powers) are wanted by Hawkmoth, a  villain who likes making people evil by using their negative emotions.

Review: 

I freaking love this show. I remember starting it off because my sister randomly watched an episode that was airing on TV and suggested that I check it out. I really was convinced that it was going to be too childish for me, but I loved it right off the bet. It has those Magical Girl anime vibes all over the place. So much FLUFF! Marinette is so relatable, especially when she can't seem to function around Adrien. I love seeing her transition from clumsy to heroine in a few minutes. She never fails to impress when she needs to save Paris 

As in for the main guy aka Adrien, that guy is the epitome of perfection. Not only is the guy super adorable (The way they designed his character is so cute!!!!), but he lives in a freaking mansion and he's nice with every classmate of his (even with Chloe, the 'wanna-be' antagonist). The only downer is how his dad literally shields him from the world, which often results in Adrien wanting to run away from home and low key hating his life.

There are a many adorable scenes similar to the anime 'theme'. (ex. Adrien blushes because Ladybug is close to him/ when Chat Noir (Adrien) makes puns and flirty comments to Ladybug (Marinette) / When ladybug teases Chat noir back, which makes him fall deeper, etc)

What I really liked about this show, is the concept. It feels like there are four main characters and four different relationships, but they're all the same people, yet they are all different around each other (MarinettexAdrien/ MarinettexChatNoir/LadybugxAdrien/ LadybugxChatNoir).

Even the Side characters are amazing! Alya, Nino and Rose and more. I will leave those to your imagination or else I might start giving spoilers lol

It's a family friendly show with a lot of romance (similar to anime). Like a sort of Shoujo Magical Girl crossover.

It's keeps you hooked because you wonder when the main characters will ever learn about each other's true identities. 

The animation is gorgeous as well! As a fan of animated movies (Monster Inc, the incredibles, Hotel Transylvania, Shrek, Frozen, Tangled, Brave, Baymax, etc), this series feels superior because of its animation. 

That's all I will share for now, or else I might end up spoiling you guys lol 

The show airs in English, French, Spanish and many other languages. I personally enjoy watching it in English but I think it's even more adorable in french (since it's the original language of the show).

I hope you enjoy! Tell me if you liked it.