Eight

Summer school is over yaaaay.

and i just got back from summer camp yaaaay.

and the chapters i'm uploading have a little action yaaay.

* * *

Eight.

 May 13th. Payne Residence. 11:35

"HE'S GOING UP TO THE DELEVINGE RESIDENCE." Sheeran told me as I squeezed in beside him and my laptop. I looked over at the bright screen as Horan and Malik came over as well. They were all sweaty from fighting with each other, but I was not complaining. 

"Why? What's up there?" I asked, genuinely confused.

"Knowing him. Probably his next girlfriend." Malik shrugged. 

"Or and ex." Sheeran snickered.

"Harry's one of those people who seem like they're flirting with you, but they're not because they're just that nice." I quickly told Niall who looked a little confused. "It gets him in trouble sometimes. He's too charming."

"Then why did you reject him?" 

"So she could be with me. Obviously." Malik said with a little smirk on his face.

"No, stupid." I said as I rolled my eyes. "It was so I could be with Liam. And much safer." 

"Resulting in you being fired." Sheeran said bluntly.

"Fired? Why?" Niall asked.

"You're not really supposed to date." Malik cleared up, scratching the back of his head. "It's just a stupid rule that's for our safety and all."

"Oh, so you and Liam -"

"Were not supposed to happen." I said with a little laugh. "I don't regret a thing though. Not one bit." I weakly smiled.

"Simon's just a bitter old man who hates children and their laughter." Ed mumbled with a small laugh. We all joined in, until I broke it with a serious question. Sheeran answered my question first though.

"You're all offically on the guest list."

"Ooh, forbidden mission." I grinned. "You made sure Niall is on the list too, right?

"How could I forget?" 

"Me?" Niall asked, a little surprised. HIs slightly widened eyes and arched eyebrows made him seem a little more vulnerable.

"You're apart of this team too. You'll just be my arm candy for tonight. Just think of it as one of your Special Ops mission things." I offered, trying to be helpful, but my example was not strong enough.

"Just a ball with super famous people. Easy right?" Zayn said, grinning over at Horan as an attempt to lighten the mood. 

Niall seemed to be weighing his options. "Yeah. I guess." 

"Except until you ask one of them for an autograph and they threaten to kill you with their "pen" which is really a pocketknife." 

I punched Zayn in the arm as Sheeran snickered, muttering something under his breath about the two of us.

"Do you have a suit?" I asked Horan. 

He nodded right away.

"What time does the party start?" 

"Seven. But it won't get exciting until we walk in." Sheeran grinned.

"Aww yeah." Malik gave Sheeran a high five as I squeezed Niall's hand in some reassurance. 

One step closer to Liam.