quatorze

eunki's progressively loud crying awoke chenle almost as soon as he heard it.

the room was pitch black, and he had to lean over to turn on the dim night lamp on the nightstand.

when he did that, the chinese boy rubbed his tired eyes, sighing quietly as he tried to sit himself up. and he would've, if jisung hadn't laid him back down when attempted to do so.

"jisung-"

"i got it. go back to sleep, le." the taller requested softly, throwing the fuzzy blanket they were sharing over chenle's body and kissing his forehead lightly. chenle was going to protest but he was just really, really tired, and didn't have the energy to fight it at the moment.

the elder lazily lifted his head to peck jisung's lips before nodding, closing his eyes and tucking himself back into his pillows and blanket. jisung laughed quietly at his already sleeping boyfriend, kissing his forehead once more before turning around to focus on eunki.

the baby was once again fussing, so jisung assumed he was hungry like the last time this happened. the boy gently picked eunki up from his crib and left the room, so chenle would have peace and quiet. he brought him to the kitchen and turned the lights on, where he made formula for him as quickly as he could with just the single arm he was using.

several minutes later, jisung was feeding the warm bottle to the baby, which did calm him down. it made the boy sigh; finally, it was completely silent in the house. jisung rocked the baby side to side in his arms, and ended up doing that until eunki actually finished his entire bottle.

but right after that, he started whining yet again.

if hunger wasn't the problem, then what was?

he shushed eunki and continued rocking him, taking small steps around the house in an effort to make him sleepy, but to no avail.

the baby kept at it.

and although his fussing wasn't loud, it still made jisung worry that he was doing something wrong. the boy gave him just a little bit more formula, changed his pajamas and even his diaper, but he wouldn't stop.

is this what parents had to go through when they have kids?

do they feel like they're about to shut down and cry, or feel terrible when their baby acts like this?

the hours passed. by now it was five in the morning, and jisung hadn't gotten much sleep. yet he was still downstairs and trying to get eunki to just relax while chenle slept upstairs. the younger debated on going to wake his boyfriend up and ask for desperately needed help, and after a while of thinking about it, his tired mind decided yes.

jisung dragged himself with the fussy baby in his arms and walked into his room. the boy sat down next to the sleeping chenle, and as soon as he did that eunki stopped making noise entirely.

jisung thought it was weird, and wondered if that was just a coincidence. so, he got up and walked out of the room again to see if the baby would start to whine again.

and he did.

the taller quickly went back inside his room and repeated his actions a couple of times, pondering in his head about why eunki suddenly stopped crying when he sat next to chenle.