Coma-4

I woke up early that morning and walked out. I got in the shower as the first, and got dressed. I tiptoed downstairs, and ate breakfast quickly. I had already noticed Andre was gone, because his car wasn't outside. I grabbed my keys and put my fingers around the door knob about to make me escape.

"Where are you going Demaya? It's six a.m."Mother asked rubbing her eyes.

"I'm going to the library to study."I said a little angry from last night.

Mother sighed and rolled her eyes,"Well, do you really want to go out this early?"

I gave her a blank look,"I obviously have my keys, so yeah. I do."

I rolled my eyes at her and walked out, closing the door behind me. I got in my silver Nissan Sentra, and drove to the library. I had to wait thirty minutes for the library to actually open. I made my way through and sat down at a little wooden table in the back reading some random book I had picked. Everytime the little beeper on the front door beeped I'd jerk my head up to see who it was. I finished the book and sighed. It hadn't ended how i wanted. Every book deserves a happy ending. But, that book had no happy ending. I got up and walked to the front of the library and looked for the shelf where they'd put the books once you were done reading.

"I'll take that."A deep voice and a tanned hand stretched out to me taking the book.

I looked up and a warm smile filled my face,"Uhm thanks."

The boy nodded, and smiled,"Your welcome."he said and set the book on a shelf behind the counter.

The boy was probably about the same age as I. Perfectly tanned skin, and dirty blonde hair. When he smiled he had deep demples in the middle of his cheeks. His teeth were perfectly straight. He had baby blue eyes, which were bluer than the sky.

He was the kind of guy that would only be described in books. The kind that could sweep you off your feet with a mere smile.

"I'm Noah Monroe by the way."He said extending his hand once again.

My stomach did a small flip and I happily accepted,"Demaya Logan."

"I'm sorta new here. Visiting with my aunt,"He says and sighs looking around.

I followed his gaze to the many shelfs of books,"You don't like to read?"

Noah smiled and shrugged,"I do. Why, do I not seem the type?"He smirked leaning against the counter.

I took a tiny step back and shrugged,"I just didn't figure you the reading type. You seem more of a jock."

"Are you checking me out Ms.Logan?"Noah smiled showing off his demples.

"Not in the least."I smiled and shrugged,"Your just more muscular than the usual bookworm."

Noah nodded and stood straight up again,"Well thank you, but I don't read that often. But occasionly, I do."

I nodded, and turned walking back to the book shelfs.

"Who's your favorite author?"I asked running my fingers along some of the binds of the books.

I heard him shuffle behind the counter and soon enough he was towering over me and shrugged,"I don't have a favorite, I just read whatever."He said his eyes scanning the shelf.

"This one."he smiled grabbing a book.

It was Fracture By Megan Miranda.

"This is a good book."Noah grinned handing it to me.

"I've read it. You have good taste."I nodded and put it back on the shelf.

Noah smiled boldly and put his hands on his hips like he was some sort of superhero,"If you were five. That book is for low rated readers."I continued.

Noah's smile disipates and he crossed his arms,"You're so nice. If only everyone was as kind as you."He said and nudged my arm with a playful smile.

I rolled my eyes, and shook my head,"I like historical books, and Nonfiction."

Noah stuck out his lower lip,"That bores me."

I sighed with a little smile. Being the unusual person I was I decided to change the subject,"So what sports do you play?"

"What makes you think I play sports?"He smiled.

I looked over at him,"Your one muscular cheerleader."I smirked and went around the corner to the next shelf.

I stayed in one spot, and Noah removed the books to see my face,"I play basketball, football, and soccer."He smiled.

I raised an eyebrow,"I see."I said and pushed some books together so he couldn't see me.

He chuckled lowly and came around the corner,"What sports do you play?"

I smiled,"What makes you think I play sports?"

"Your one skinny sumo-wrestler."He laughed and grabbed a brittle book from the shelf.

"That book is filled with romance."I said.

I didn't need to turn to see what it was. I just knew. Noah made a disturbed face and put the book back.

"I dance."I finally revealed.

Noah belted laughter,"Dancing isn't a sport."

My throat tightened and my eyes squeezed shut. Turning to him I opened them slowly,"Just because we don't play with Balls doesn't mean it's not a sport."I said a little to abruptivly.

Noah sighed,"What type of dance do you do?"

I didn't feel like answering, but I knew I had to,"Hip hop, tap, modern lyrical, salsa, and ballet."

Noah whistled,"That's alot."

I turned to him,"Do you have any books on interrpurting languages?"

Noah shrugged,"I don't know."

"Can you look it up, Mr.Libraryin?"I said spinning on my heels and walked to the front desk.

Noah groaned and followed walking behind the desk, to some old commputer. I could tell it was slower than Melasses. It was one of the ones that had the big bulky box look. Noah shook his head and began pounding keys with his fist.

"Oh for crissake."I muttered and came behind the counter.

I hipbumped him out of the way and began clicking the correct buttons.

I could see the wide grin along Noah's face, and he shook his head,"That thing is a piece of crap."

"Don't hate the game hate the player."I smiled and continued clicking.

"Are you implying I'm a piece of crap?"Noah gasped theatrically.

I didn't answer, I just bit the side of my lip, holding back a smile. Once I found what I was looking for I slid over the counter and walked to the shelf. I began searching the shelf, and heard a loud thud. I turned in the direction of the counter, and noticed Noah laying on the carpet infront of the desk. I put my hand over my mouth to avoid laughing. I walked over to him after grabbing the book.

"What happened?"I squeeled.

"How'd you go over the counter?"He groaned opening his eyes.

"Dance."I laughed and held out my hand helping him up.

"What do you need the book for?"Noah asked directing us to a small table.

"I need to inturrpret something."I said, knowing it was bleekly obvious.