Coma-1

You see that book cover over there -------->>>

Well that was done by a really awesome person, Eclipse119. Thanks so much! Anyways back to the story------~*

One year before the accident.

It was the last day of school and I had just finished my last essay. I was so psyched that I ran all the way home instead of taking the smelly, and disturbing buss. I didn't need to watch the elephants on animal planet. I could learn all about life on the buss. It was terrible.

"I'm home!"I had yelled and shut the door behind me.

I was unfortunatly greeted by a paramedic and knew instantly that Grandmama, had had another seziure.

"How bad this time?"I whisper as large tears weld up into my eyes. The nurse looked down at the ground and shook her head,"She'll be fine, but she is very confused, so take it slow on her."She said and went past me to the door.

I walked lonesomly into the livingroom, where grandmama laid on the couch. My mother was sitting on te tile floor infront of the couch with her back to me.

"How is she?"I whispered and took my rightful spot next to her.

My mother's slumped shoulders shrugged and she sighed,"She's been better."

Grandmama looked over at me and squinted with her frail angelic green eyes.

"Demaya, why don't you go get her some tea."She said and patted my leg softly.

I looked back to my mom now noticing her bloodshot eyes, untamed hair, and nonmistakably bad breath.

I got up from my sitting position and drug my feet into the kitchen. I began brewing some tea leaves into a big copper pot. I stared off into the abyss of the outside world, forgetting to go out and water the plants. There were children in the yard behind ours, they were fairly younger then myself. They were on a large wooden teeter totter. Out of the blue I was hugged from behind. I had yelped from shock, until I heard the familiar chuckle. It was my cousin Andre, who was about three years older than me.

"Did I scare you?"He asked and spun me around.

I quickly punched him weakily in the chest,"No."I lied.

Andre rolled his baby blues and shook his head,"I bet china heard your cry."

Being the stuborn girl that I was, I stuck my nose in the air and shook my head,"DId not."

The copper pot began whistling telling myself the tea was done. I turned off the burner and got out a cup and some sugar,"Is that for Grandmama?"Andre asked as he hoisted himself onto the counter.

"No it's for Santa Claus, he's visiting from the North Pole."I mutter and give him a suspicous look.

I pour the tea quickly, managing to avoid serious burns. I add some sugar and begin walking back to the livingroom, while Andre finally understands my sarcastic remark.

"Here Grandmama."I said and gave her the cup.

"Thank you Demi."She said finally using the nickname I was given.

I simply nod and turn to mom,"Wheres Dad, is he still at work?"

Mom doesn't reply, instead she's zoned off staring at Grandmama's many wrinkles.

"Oh really thank's for answering."I say sarcastically, and cross my arms, expecting her to snap from her trance.

Nothing.

"Ugh, mom."I mutter and spun on my heels walking back to the kitchen to clean my mess.

"Give her a break Kiddo, she's stressed out."Andre said and began washing out the pot.

"I'm not a kid. I'm thirteen may I remind you. Oh, and you forgot to send my a birthday present."I said in a nagging voice.

Andre smirks,"I didn't forget. I didn't want to. And besides I don't buy the presents. My parents do, and I usualy just sign my name on the card."

"I'm still holding you accountable."

"Wow, you used a big word, good job."He teased.

"The word you might be big for your pea sized brain, but I use it often."I said and patted his curly bronze hair.