Coma-2

We had sat down for dinner. Which for the record I had made because after the tea no one had moved from their postions. Everything was dead silent. I looked up from my plate of spegetti, and mom was staring at her plate.

"So how was work?"I asked trying to bring some life into the women.

She didn't look up, she simply shrugged. It was beginning to annoy me. I understood why she was so sad, but I need someone here for me right now. I shouldn't have to be a parent at such a young age. Grandmam reached her frail hand out and place it on my mothers,"Sweety I'm fine."

My mother looked up at her, with sad and desperate eyes,"Mom, your not ok. Your having seizures and it's not good."

Once, again a block of silence stood infront of us. Andre looked over at me with a little sadness. I was now angry. She will talk to Grandmama, but not me? Her own daughter! I sighed loudly indicating my annoyance. My mother snapped her head up looking at me,"Not everything is about you Demaya."She screamed and jumped to her feet. She went into the kitchen quickly, and dumped her plate in the sink, spagetti, and all. My mouth was gaping. I had no idea why she had just yelled at me, and I was seriously embarrassed. I gulped and looked down at my plate, tears filling my eyes.

Andre put his hand on my shoulder,"She didn't mean to yell."

I stand up and dump my plate. I was done with my unforgettable dinner, and I never wanted to see them again. I ran upstairs to my room, and slammed the door. My eyes began burning with the tears, that flowed from my core. How could she had said such a thing? She embarrassed me. Right infront of Grandmama, and Andre. I laid down on my bed and began sobbing into my brown hair. It felt like my heart had been ripped out of my chest, and was being peirced with knives. I hated her for the moment. I didn't mean for it to be about me, I was just trying to lighten the mood. Cut through the thick abyss, of my mothers staring. I wanted her to apolagize. The thought made me crave for the soft embrasse of my father. That's all I wanted. I curled myself into a ball, and tucked my head down to my chest. I began peeling the hair from my crisp colored skin, and tucked the hair behind my ears. I wasn't one to cry often, so when I did it was usually for a good reason. The large lump in my thorat stayed there, and wouldn't leave. All I wanted was to feel love again. To feel that I was important, and that she wasn't angry. A small knock to the door makes my gasp in surprise. I sniffled, and sat up; the waterfall of tears coming to a stop,"W-who is it?"

"It's me."Said Grandmama.

I bounced up from the bed, and began wondering on just how the old lady had gotten up the stairs. I opened the door slowly, and helped her to sit on the bed. She motioned softly for me to sit next to her, and I did. She placed both wrinkly hands over mine, and rubbed the top of my hand with her thumb.

"You know your mum doesn't hate you."She whispered in her thick british accent.

It was sometimes hard to understand what she was saying, but we'd usually always figure it out. She brushed back her gray curly hair out of her face and smiled weakly. I nodded, refusing to reach her gaze, but we both knew I was fibbing.

"She's just stressed dear. She worries about this old lady a little to much."She said reaffuring to herself.

"I just wanted to know how her day was."I choaked out and sniffled.

"I know baby, but sometimes can act childish, and that can cause things to head south."She nodded. She grew on a smiled and swooned,"I have something for you."She said, and dug her hand in the pocket of her jean dress. She pulled out a little silver box, and held out my hands. She placed the box in my plam and closed my fingers aroud it. She kissed my forehead and got up, reatreaving to the stairs. Once she was gone I shut the door, and opened the box. It was a small golden cross, with a small heart diamond in the middle. I flipped it onto the back and it ingraved,To you my dear Ethle. With love- Michael. Michael was my grandpa, but he had died when I was a baby. I at the moment was confused as to why she would give me something that was so dear to her heart. But, then I found out why.