Distractions

Kaldur grunted as he blocked a punch from Keith as the galra hybrid ducked his water blades and reached up to his wrist and swung his leg up to his throat.

Keith grabbed the blade handle as it fell to the ground but as he held it the water desolved and fell to the ground.

"What the fuc-" Keith was cut off when kuldar kicked him in the chest and grabbed his handle again.

"Your not the only one with unique blades," kaldur smiled as the water came back into swords. Keith frowned. 

"Doesn't matter," Keith snarled as his eyes turned purple and yellow with claws growing. "I'll still get past you,"

Kaldur narrowed his eyes as he stood in front of the door that was locked. It held weapons including Keiths sword and lances guns, as well as artemis's and robins weapons. Zatanna was on the otherside as she was trying to contact the league.

"Come on dammit dammit," zatanna whimpered as she could hear the fight outside the door as her hands trembled holding the communicator while it found no signal.

"Stupid technology!" She threw it across the small room of weapons.

"What would dad do? Okay... Okay what would dad do?" She gulped but heard a gun click in the room. Her light blue eyes looked around as it was to dark to see.

"Thgil," zatanna breathed holding her hand up while a white lift surrounded her hand and she saw Lance in the room with her.

"Lanc-" he covered her mouth quickly as she was against the wall.

"I'm not going to hurt you, but Keiths distracting kaldur," Lance whispered quietly as she nodded, he let go and grabbed his guns and pocketed them in his waist band.

"What are you doing?" She gulped walking to him.

"We're getting out, at least trying, Keith and I have a plan, but longer you guys try to keep us in the more we could kill someone in here, we're just trying to get home," Lance bit his lip as he put a small gun in his boot and grabbed Keiths knife.

"I don't know if the exit I told you is still open, you can try," zatanna sighed crossing her arms.

They saw the communicator light up and voices coming in.

"Robi-... Robin come in," batmans voice came in through the communicator.

"Batman! Oh thank god," zatanna smiled as Lance looked at her with wide eyes.

"Zatanna? What's happened? Why is the power out and a lock down?" Batman asked sharply and zatanna looked at Lance.

"So that's what those wires did..." Lance put a hand on his chin.

"Blue and red escaped, we're all trapped, there's been no sign of them but there's no way to escape," zatanna told him and smiled at Lance softly, he wasn't a horrible person, he was a kid still.

"Zatanna whatever you do, do not leave each other with red and blue loose, remember they're killers," batman snarled but Lance grabbed the communicator.

"Sorry Brucey Bruce but it's a little to late for that, I'm thinking we take down anyone who gets in our way of escaping, I have no clue who could be number one to be leaving the team, maybe little Richard, maybe kaldur outside right now, I guess I'll give you satisfaction that two of your team will live for sure but the rest, oooh it's like a game almost!" Lance giggled into the communicator as zatanna bit her lip.

"I got goose bumps, I'm almost excited now," Lance gasped as he smirked darkly at zatanna.

"Lance don't hurt them," batman answered quietly after a few seconds passed. 

"Wow! This is great, cause you know this whole things is a giant ball of karma, you know why," Lance shrugged.

"Because of what happened years ago?! Lance we didn't know!" Batman raised his voice.

"That's your excuse? Some heroes," Lance scoffed at him. "Any who~ no ones dead yet, so up to you on who dies, by that I mean how soon we get out less people die," he smiled innocently.

"You psycho heathen," batman snarled.

"Been called worst by more important people, toodles Bruce, love these chats," Lance smiled dropping the communicator on the ground.

"You son of a-" Lance crushed it under his boot as zatanna pursed her lips crossing her arms.

"Your afraid of me aren't you?" He closed his eyes as zatanna looked at him.

"No, I've faced worst, I just hope I can trust you," she smiled. Zatanna walked to him and hugged him tightly.

"Don't do this," she whispered as Lance gently wrapped his arms around her.

"Which part?" He frowned holding her tightly as if she was a little sister he's never had. Despite them not knowing each other for years, he could never hurt her.

"Just get out of here, no one has to get hurt," she gripped his shirt tightly.

"It's not up to us, we'll see," he shrugged and let go.

"By the way the vents are easy to get into anywhere," Lance pointed up and she saw the open vent how he got in.

"Just try getting out, they're still my friends," she looked at him with tears in her eyes. "I-i- please just avoid them,"

"Hey okay, I'll try, don't worry, it's all self defense, we'll get out," he held her shoulders as she sniffled nodding.

"Okay," she nodded softly.

"See ya Houdini," he winked and sped away quickly.

"Hopefully not," she smiled a little but frowned knowing if she did it'll be different.