Day 1:Marsal:Another Day Another Experiment

Everything was black, my sight, the view, my soul, that mold in the corner of the room where I need to clean and most importantly my leather shoes(I should probably clean those someday).The sound of explosions, gun shots, screams of terror and the screeching bitch across the parking lot echoed along the chill and dusty breeze.That screeching bitch was my "neighbour", I called him Old Man Jenkins, I didn't know his name I just called him that. Also by bitch I mean, he is really, really loud and angry; Not the wimp definition. It was just a regular day, at least for me

[Edit-C:Users:Marsal:Logs | Editor-Elizabeth]

and nothing makes a regular day than a lazy Marsal oversleeping and not listening to his intelligent lady

accomplice?

No,

assistant?

No,

lover?

maybe?

companion,

...close enough.

[/Edit]

Waking up, I felt groggy; probably from staying up so late. I attempted to get up, but being the lazy person I am, I fell right back in my bed moaning and cursing my past self.I thought about last night, the experiments, their reactions, their faces, emotions...their fear,"I should have gone to sleep earlier, but... I had to finish it, I had to-,"I wiped my face off any residue off my face."It had to be done Marsal, it had to be...."

Elizabeth bursts through the door almost ripping the door off the hinges. Angry as always, she really needs to take a chill pill(and that's not a metaphor we actually have those).

Sarcastically I said,"May I help you."

Pulling my lazy ass off the mattress Elizabeth said,"You're late".

"Late for wHat exactly? I don't remember having an appointment."

She started  to ramble on about something, but I drowned her out only hearing,"Brit, Brit, tea and biscuits."

I came back to Earth(technically Mars) and started to hear that  British accent of hers.'I usually imagine her with a monocle and a mustache, you know those fancy stereotypical English ones with the gravity defying abilities, curly hair ends and what not' I thought. I also want a biscuit for some reason and some tea. "I'm still not used to that British accent of yours Elizabeth."

She was irked by my display of annoyance, I can tell; its rather easy to read as she had the face of a bull(metaphorically speaking). I finally stood up after this long introduction and started to stretch, twist and ultimately break my back(metaphorically speaking). With every twist turn and almost impossible movement in my back it started to sound more and more like Rice Krispies; snap, crackle and pop, as they say. Those words haunted me as they reminded me of many things like THAT time, that horrible memory and breakfast, don't forget breakfast(the most important meal of the day serving it up Gary's way... I should stop).I looked out past my dusty translucent curtains seeing, the world as we know it. The usual apocalypse stuff, craters,  overgrown plants, dead bodies and the smell of dust and gunpowder in the air, a bitch sidekick(who will kill me if she sees this). Just a normal day after all, oh wait totally forgot the giant bugs and bandits, and homeless people, mutants, orphans, animals, scientists, maybe even some immigrants(damn I forgot a lot) and the weather. After admiring the view I rarely see, I managed to move my thin sticks (I mean legs) to the stairs. I walked down having to see Elizabeth already packed my gear in a small pack(Talk about sidekick). As I was about to grab my pack Elizabeth interrupted,"Wash your face".

I asked,"Why?"

"Have you seen it, Marsal?"

"Does it matter? It's not we have to visit the president or something. Either way I'll be wearing a gas mask so YOU won't be seeing it."