The Twisted Truths

Illina sat on her bed. Beside her was Malfoy who was sharing dorm with her. But they had different beds of course. She will never forget what she saw just a moment ago. The poor kid... Innocent and pure yet faced with such harsh fate.

She was frightened. Huston didn't seem as nice anymore. Couldn't he just used something else as a demonstration? "Huston...his power is to end life...we made him our leader because we thought he could protect us... But, little did we know he was the one who was harming us. Now, the wrong decision shines upon us as most of us face his wrath."Malfoy sighed as he stared into Illina's eyes.

"Well be careful out there..." His only advice.

Then he handed her a timetable, which was planned by Huston and all dwellers must follow. "Wait how long have you been here?"

"Um... Just... 4 days ago. Yea, 4 days ago."

Illina didn't thought much about what Malfoy said. She trusted him and wasn't about to question. She read through the timetable which was odd but somehow made sense.

10.30am: Breakfast at group table
11.00am: Group gathering at group room
12.00pm: Declare of speech (Huston)
12.30pm: Group activity + training
01.30pm: Lunch at group table
02.30pm: Individual task by Huston
03.30pm: Rest at dorm
04.30pm: Mystery Entertainment
05.00pm: Prepare dinner
06.00pm: Dinner with Huston
07.00pm: Huston's individual talk
08.00pm: Last announcement (Huston)
08.30pm: Head back to dorm
10.00pm: Lights out

"Wait so what is the mystery entertainment?"

"We never know. Its always something different."

Time:4.25pm
"We gotta head for mystery entertainment next. I guess you'll find out what it is eventually." Their dorm room was on the lowest level. Basement 6 which had only 2 dorms. Theirs and Huston's. But according to Malfoy, Huston doesn't go back to his dorm every night. Nobody knows where he goes at night.

It was almost time to head to the Multi purpose hall. But before they left, they shared a kiss. Then they went straight to Basement 2 where their destination was located.

"Ladies and gentlemen, or rather boys and girls." Huston stood in front of them. All 30 people were seated on chairs watching Huston emcee. "Today's performance is rather exciting." The audience gasped in fear. "No. Not in that way. But in another." The audience relaxed. "We, or rather I will be choosing 2 individuals on stage today. And they will perform their powers in a creative way." The audience exchanged glances. "Those 2 will be... Drumroll please... Malfoy and his little girlfriend, I'm sorry what's your name again my dear?"

"Illina. "

"Please put your hands together for Malfoy and Illina." The crowd cheered and applauded. "What should we do?" Illina whispered, her eyebrows furrowed, she wasn't ready for this at all. "Just follow my lead."

Illina and Malfoy strode to the front of the crowd and Huston took his place behind everyone. Malfoy gestured for Illina to create plants around but there was one problem. Illina didn't know how...

She tried to swirl her fingers like most people did but she failed. And it brought laughter throughout the audience. Except for one girl, staring coldly at her which caught her attention. She tried again but nothing... Then she remembered how belladonnas grew when she mourned for her mom's death. She tried to mourn again, and immediately the sorrow came to her. And her despondency fed the seedlings of the belladonna like a fertiliser, soon a Bush of belladonnas rose. The crowd cheered at her success. Except for that same exact girl who was awkwardly looking at her.

"And now for the finale," Malfoy snapped his fingers and a brightly coloured image of a raindeer appeared. The raindeer was pinkish and yellowish. It was attracted to Illina at first sight, going straight to her. Illina petted it. Malfoy approached the raindeer, plucking belladonna berries and feeding it. "No... What are you doing?" Illina yelled. The crowd grew silent. "Trust me!" and so Illina did. Only to know that that investment was a good one. The deer scooped up the berries. And in no time the deer morphed into a beautiful butterfly fluttering into the crowd before Huston turned it into dust. "That act was inspired by our passion for each other." The crowed seemed impressed. Even Huston nodded his head silently.

Time: 4.50pm
After the performance was finished, Huston commented on their flaws and what they could've done better at. The crowd dispersed, so did Huston. They headed to basement 1 to the dining hall to prepare for dinner. Huston said that their performance was so good that they didn't need to prepare dinner. But instead he allowed them to stay in the multi-purpose Hall for another while.

"You see, you gotta trust me." Malfoy said.
"Ye, I will from now on." Then Illina and Malfoy plunged into a deep kiss. Arms all wrapped around each other......

"OK we gotta stop before Huston sees us." Malfoy pushed Illina away. "Why? It's not like he gonna do anything about it." Illina pulled Malfoy back into the kiss. She yearned for more as she forced him to comply to her.

Yet Malfoy pushed away again. "He will. He forbids love."

"Thats impossible. He called me your girlfriend, put me and you in the same dorm room but he hasn't done any harm yet."

"This is all a test. Violet and Harmo used to be part of us. They were place in the same dorm just like us. Violet and Harmo soon fell in love. Once Huston found out, he raped Violet and killed both of them. Burying their bones on basement 7. Nobody knows how to get there. There are no lifts that can bring you there. It's a mystery."

"But he isn't here." Illina negotiated. "Fine, but only for awhile." Malfoy sank his lips into hers.

Time: 5.59pm
Illina and Malfoy were still in their euphoria. When they realised the time. "Oh no. We have one more minute left." Illina cried. And they hurried for the lift. "Use the stairs!"Malfoy bellowed frantically as the lift refused to approach. They rushed up the stairs and into the dining hall.

Time: 6.01pm
They arrived at the dining hall. Everyone was settled down with food on their trays. The dining hall seemed really unattractive with candles for lights and dark wood for a table. There were two chairs empty.

"Where were you?"Huston questioned. "Oh we were just cleaning up the belladonnas in the multi purpose hall."Malfoy answered. His voice didn't tremble at all.

"Oh really?"Huston didn't buy it.

"We are just late for a minute can't you just let it slide?" Illina begged.

"Fine. Since the lady has spoken I shall forgive. Now take your places. And let dinner begin."

Everyone took their cutleries and dined like civilised human beings. "So shall we start our game? OK the first Question... " Huston spoke confidently.

"What's this game?"Illina was puzzled. "It's just like a truth or truth kinda thing."A 14 year old boy beside her answered. "I'm Num by the way, I'm from Powerlla. Nice to meet you..." before he got to finish his sentence Huston interrupted "Today's question will be what is your darkest secret?"

"Speak of the truth. Because if you don't, Charles over there," Num pointed at the Guy with Auburn hair and freckles on his skin. "He is telepathic he can read your mind. If you tell a lie he will report it to Huston and you'll be dead for sure."

"Starting from Malfoy. What's your darkest secret?"

"Um... Um..."

"Answer now!" Huston's voice reverberated through the hallways. "I Um... Killed someone's mom." "Whose?!!!"

Illina's eyes widened in shock. She waited for Malfoy to finish his sentenced. Suspence left Illina on a cliff. "I...Illina's... "

Illina stared at Malfoy for a long time...

-To be continued-
Read the next chapter as Illina and Malfoy breaks apart.
Pls check out 8 fears carnival by my friend damienlinkaiwei