The Hospital

Breathe. Breathe. Breathe. Breathe. Why couldn't he? He jolts awake, his vision blurring and heart racing. He couldn't hear but he could see what was around him. He could tell was in an ambulance, why? He suddenly felt a sharp pain in his left shoulder. He screams, the people in the ambulance all started freaking out and he could slowly decipher what they where saying.

"Is he awake?"
"I think he is!"
"John-!"
John knew these voices, Hercules, James, and Alexander. Alexander. He was shaking and looked like he'd been crying for hours as he carefully made his way over.
"J-John I-I'm Sorry.."
"For what-?"
He rasps out, his voice dry.
"W-We found you to late! W-We thought you where dead-!"
And then it suddenly came back to the freckled boy.

~Flash Back~
John slowly crept out of his his room telling Lafayette he had to pee. But in reality he had saw a small pond in the forest by the house. So he slipped on a pair of slippers that he wasn't even sure where his and ran out with a grin on his face.

He soon made it to the pound, sitting at the edge of it and picks up a turtle that was sitting there.
"I think I'll call yooouu... Pip!"
The tall curly haired boy grins at the turtle, hugging it close to him.
"I need to bring you back so the squad can see you! Maybe I'll do a few sketches of you too!"
He chirped, not hearing a faint growling from a few feet away from him.
It wasn't until it was close that he heard it.
It attacked. Blood. So so much blood. And pain.
He laid on the ground, immobile as he watched the animal walk away.
The last thing he heard was a scream from a male. But it was hard to tell from how high pitched it was.

~Flash back over~
"John? JOHN!"
And like that he was back into the real world, everyone circles around him. Now he was in a hospital bed. How long had it been.
"W-What? How l..long was I out-?"
"A good hour or two. What happened, Man?"
Hercules asks, worry filling his eyes which where red and puffy like Alex's which made it obvious that he'd been crying for a while too.

"I-I was attacked by a wolf. Or a fox. I couldn't tell. I- The last thing I heard was this really high pitched scream. I thought it might have been a girl."
All of their eyes turned the Lin, who put his hands up in defense.
"Hey! If you saw a child who was literally bleeding out you'd scream too! With your tiny pubescent voices!" He crosses his arms.

"Still, John they gave you stitches and told us you'd be better in a good couple of days. Would you like one or two of us to stay with you?" Washington pipes up from the corner of the room.
John looked at his friends before pointing at Alexander and Hercules.
"Us?"
"Me?"
They said in unison, well Alexander expected it but Hercules didn't.

"Why me?"
"Because your the Mom friend and I know your going to flip your shit if you don't know if I'm well or not every other minute."
John points out, raising an eyebrow.
"Damn you can read me like a book-!"
Hercules chuckles, blushing slightly.
"Pffft, Anyone can."
Thomas comments snarkily, shutting up when James elbows him in the ribs.
"Be nice!"

A nurse walks into the room, smiling at the group. "Mr. Laurens? Did you figure who's staying? Because we need everyone else out."
John smiles back at the unknown woman and nods, pointing at Alexander and Hercules. "These two are staying!"
"Ok! Everyone else out please!"
After a few seconds of Everyone hugging John, Washington leaving him some flowers and chocolates, while Lin gave him a large teddy bear.

The nurses turns to the boys, a smile still plastered on her face.
"If you need anything just call for Ms. Veronica!"
"Ok!"
They all reply in unison she walks out and John turns to the two.

"Soooo, what happened while I was dying in the woods?"
"JOHN!"