Chapter 8

• Zelenia •

Zelenia •

With everything I have, I try to empty the plate in front of me. Luciana, who resurfaced the moment I woke up, is happier than ever that I try to have a normal breakfast for once. Me on the other hand feel like trowing up. 

I will myself not to, remembering the worth of food. Growing up in a Russian orphanage taught me how precious food is, not to be wasted and eaten when the opportunity arrived. As kids, we would fight over the food, making the younger ones go without for days at a time. 

Of course, I was one of the weaker ones, but I would never tell Lux that. Even thought i'm very wary of him, I still feel safe and I don't want to anger him. When I started talking about my past, even when that was not even the worst parts, he got agitated. 

I sigh and finish my plate, shoving it away and focusing on keeping the food inside. "Done?" Amilia asks, giving me a smile while Amit just looks completely blank. "Yeah" I say, giving her a forced smile back. 

"Let's go then!" Amilia hops off her seat and takes my hand, reminding me of Harley. I chuckle softly, earning me a big grin from Amilia and walk after her, once again trough the mazes of the big mansion. Amit follows close behind, not saying a single word. 

"Soooo, Russia huh? Can you speak Russian?" "Da" I say with a smile. No matter how bad the memories, I'm proud of my heritage. "So cool! Can you teach me?" "Sure? Why do you want to?" 

Amilia chuckles mischievously. "So we can talk in secret without Lux knowing! Duh!" 

I adore this girl already, she seems so innocent, so full of life. 

I feel a little bit of envy but push it away. "How old are you?" I ask her, curious. "16" she says without looking at me. After that, I listen to her ramble about pretty much anything. I enjoy it, watching someone like her. All my life I had hateful people around me, people who hated me and wanted to make my life as miserable as possible. 

We step outside and to my delight, it's the backyard. The cave looks even more massive now that I step foot in it, going on for what feels like miles and the ceiling is higher than the mansion. 

People are walking around, playing with their children and servants, or what Lux called them, Omega's are doing their duties. Some of them are playing with the children in bigger groups and others are garnering or cleaning the windows. 

I watch everyone, trying to remember their faces. It seems like an impossible task and I've always been bad at remembering faces and names.

I turn around to look to the back of the cave where I hear people groaning, screaming and yelling some kind of battle cry. Hundreds of man and woman are sparring, trying to get their opponents down with brute force. 

"It's like an army" I whisper, making Amilia snort. "Yeah, of course. As the pack who basically rules over the Northern side of America, we have to be. Other packs sometimes try to start a war or try to attack our pack. We have to be prepared, always."

In the far back, I see Lux yelling around orders and instructions, his inner circle stands next to them, overseeing the progress of the others. We make our way towards them, giving me the time to watch the fighting technique of the pack. 

"You finally made it" Lux says after he looks my way. "She took forever to finish that plate! It was like someone was forcing her to eat with a gun to her head." I feel a blush creep over my face and look down, embarrassed as hell. Some of the guards chuckle and I feel a big hand that I instinctively know is Lux lift up my head by my chin. 

"Just take what you can eat for now. I want you to eat, but do it at your own pace. Understood." I nod but then remember him telling me to speak with words and give him an "okay". 

I'm turned around by my waist and pushed against Lux's front side. "He feels so nice, I want to stay like this forever" Luciana sighs. "Luciana!" I growl, making her giggle. A soft laugh slips from my mouth, making the people around me to turn and give me a questioning look.

"What?" Lux asks me, his mouth dangerously close to my ear. "My uhm, wolf. She is an idiot" "Hey!" "I mean, w-weird?" "Don't make me look bad in front of our mate!

My heart skips a few beating. "Mate?

"Yeah! I mean, he feels different from everyone else we have met and you know, I had some time thinking when I went to take a little nap yesterday-" "You mean when you were hiding" "Same thing! Anyways, maybe he is right?

I sigh and ignore Lux who is still giving me a questioning look and focus on the sparring in front of me.