p r o l o g u e.

The winter night was terribly cold and dry, a bitter, hostile breeze tearing through the dark sky violently. The wind whipped and howled with such a ferocity that even I had to steady myself, but that didn’t stop them from continuing their declaration.

“You and your family have committed a terrible crime against us, Carlisle. We expected more from you,” Aro’s calm voice carried through the air softly, filling my ears like an eerie sound.

I struggled to suppress a shiver as he glowered at us, nor could I help it. Only a few yards away stood the most powerful immortal rulers of the vampire world: the Volturi. And beside them, a mass of crouched, snarling vampires. Each and every one of them appeared sinister as they swayed eagerly, awaiting their master’s final decree on when to pounce.

We all had a horrible fate awaiting us. Thanks to one, pathetic grudge, we were all sentenced to die. But we refused to go down without a fight.

When they decided to strike, we’d all be ready—the Cullens, the wolves, and a handful other vampires from all over, including my family.

It was sad to say that the only reason the Volturi even decided to pay a visit to this godforsaken town was because of a false accusation. Renesmee was such a sweet little girl, only half-vampire and half-human, just as I was.

Contrary to Irina’s beliefs, there were no immortal children around here, just us hybrids. But we’ve never caused any sort of harm towards humans. We looked, acted, and talked like them. What set us apart was the whole aging predicament and our shocking paleness, but other than that, she and I were relatively normal. No one seemed to have any sort of problem with us.

But I was the one exception when it came to Jacob Black.

He couldn’t bear to be around me.

Even as his imprint, he refused to love me.

-----------

 Author's Note:

 I'd just like to say that I don't own any of Stephanie Meyer's characters or her novels. However, I do own Iris, my own original characters that may appear, and my own plot. And in order for this story to work, I'm going to have to change some parts to Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. If you don't like that, then this story isn't for you.