f i v e.

You Bring Out the Beast In Me.

"Alice, this is ridiculous,” I whined as I stretched against my bed. "Do you really need to pick out my outfit for me? I'm only going to a bonfire.”

"Yes!" She yelled as she rummaged deeper into my closet. "You need to look your absolute best for Jacob!"

"But I'm not going to a fashion show!" I shouted back as she threw a mini-skirt over her head.

She snickered as she stood up and pulled more outfits off of hangers. "How about this?"

Seriously?

"I'm not going clubbing. It's a bonfire. Tone it down."

She stuck her tongue out at me as she dropped the strapless dress on the floor. I laughed to myself as she threw a halter top at my head. It seemed like she was more excited than I was.

While she continued to pick out more outfits, I looked around the room to find something that wasn't so dressy. Out of the corner of my eye, I'd spotted a blue cardigan laying beside my hamper and a pair of dark wash jeans resting atop a pile of dresses.

"Okay, what do you think of this?" I inquired, holding up the outfit for Alice to see.

A disapproving expression immediately appeared on the pixie-like girl's face. She dropped the pile of clothes she was holding and put her hands on her hips. "You plan on wearing that?"

"Yes," I replied as I began to dress. "It's much more comfortable than a skimpy black... wait, what was that that you just showed me? Lingerie?"

She scoffed. "Of course not, but excuse me for wanting you to look fashionable. Will you at least wear this with it?" She held a sheer blouse decorated with a floral print.

"Whatever your little heart desires." I grinned, placing a hand over my heart.

Once I had the blouse on, I spun slightly to give her a final look.

"Now that looks pretty."

"Kiss up."

"You know it." She winked as she walked along side me down the stairs.

Once we were down downstairs, I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bottled water out of the refrigerator. "So," I began after I took a sip, "what time is Bella coming?"

"Right about now." She smiled. On cue, Edward's Volvo pulled into the driveway, halting to a stop.

"Hey Bella," I greeted as I opened the door. "Where's Edward?"

"He's in the car. You ready to go?" Bella asked.

I nodded my head fervently.

"Alright," she said, motioning her head towards the door. "let's go."

"Okay, bye! See you all later!" I yelled, waving back to everyone.

"If you're pressured to do anything, just say no!" Emmett shouted from the depths of the house.

I rolled my eyes as I shut the door behind me, prancing over to Edward's car and sliding in quickly. "Hurry up and go Edward!" I demanded as I buckled up my seatbelt.

He laughed as he backed out of the drive way.

I was practically bouncing in my seat as Edward drove to the treaty line. Just thinking about Jacob made me even more ecstatic.

I knew tonight was going to be a great one.

-------

"Finally!" I groaned in relief as Edward pulled up to the treaty line. "We're here!"