f o u r.

It's Telling Me to Give In, Hissing Right In My Ear.

The mahogany haired girl danced around the room as she thought about her beloved Jacob Black. She was ecstatic that he had imprinted on her. She had a soul mate, a better half. She was destined to be with someone. Never before had Iris felt so loved.

"How can you be in love with some guy that you don't even know; that you've never even talked to?" Emmett questioned her.

"I don't know," she exclaimed to the burly vampire. "It's just..." she paused for a moment, trying to think of the right words. She could think of none. "I don't know. I've never felt like this before."

"What about that one guy? Your ex, Warren? Didn’t you love him?" Edward asked as he walked down the stairs.

Anger surged through Iris’s veins as she thought about the guy that had shattered her heart. She had once been in love with him back when she lived with her parents in Germany. She thought that he was the best thing that had ever happened to her. She thought that she'd marry him one day and they’d live a long, happy, immortal life. But all of that changed when she found out that he was sleeping with some pathetic human behind her back.

Then she caught him in the act.

She never forgave him.

And as for the pathetic human, well she'll never be able to destroy anyone's relationship again.

“Don’t ever mention that son of a bitch’s name,” Iris growled.

“Oh, still a touchy subject, huh?” Rosalie teased.

Iris didn't want to admit it, but there was a small part of her that was still severely hurt because of Warren. “Shut up,” she mumbled. “Stop trying to kill my mood. I was trying to spread my happiness to you all when I was so rudely interrupted.” She whipped her head towards Edward.

He simply smiled at her. “It had to be done. I don’t think anyone wants to hear about how amazing imprinting is.”

“Yup," Jasper added in.

“Pretty much," Emmett agreed.

“Whatever,” Iris shrugged her shoulders, “you’re still going to hear it.”

And with that, Iris settled on the love seat and continued thinking about Jacob. Butterflies erupted in her stomach when she thought about the way that his face seemed to light up when he saw her. She'd never been this happy before.

For a certain someone, it was the complete opposite.

Jacob was angry, miserable, confused. He didn't understand why he had to be the one to imprint on a vampire. What were his ancestors trying to say to him? Why did they curse him with such a horrible fate?

Jacob layed in his bed for hours trying to figure out what he was going to do. He certainly didn't want to be with a vampire. No way. He wouldn't allow it. He could break the imprinting, but that's never been done. How hard could it be anyway? He thought to himself. He already had an answer though. He knew it was near impossible to try and break such a strong bond.

"Screw this," he cursed to himself as Iris popped into his mind. He was utterly repulsed by the fact that he found himself so intrigued by the girl. He wanted to know more about her. He wanted to know about her friends and family. He wanted to know what made her come to Forks and stay with the Cullens. He wanted to know how it was possible that she could be half-human and half-vampire.

And he hated himself for it.

Jacob got up from his bed and threw some cut off shorts on. He walked out of his room and told his dad that he was headed to Sam and Emily's place for a little bit. With his friends, at least he'd be able to think straight for a bit.