The Date (Cont.)

I dozed of for a minute. after snapping back into focus I noticed we were at the church and Connor was shaking me.

"Are you ok? He asks.

"Ya I just dozed off." I say trying to stay in focus. "So why are we at the church."

"Just wait. come on." he jumps out and comes to open my door. I try to swing out I lose my balance and fall. thank God Connor catches me

"Wow that was like a crazy trust exercise." I say regaining my balance.

"Haha ya. well let's go inside." he says.

We walk into the church into the sanctuary. he pick up a guitar. oh dear god this is gonna be cheesy. I go and sit in the front pew. and to my surprise it's not to cheesy he starts to play demons by imagine dragons. he starts to sing, the first thing to go thru my head was man that boy can sing. he stops halfway thru.

"You wanna sing?" he asks.

"I'm not any good at it." I say.

"I bet your amazing." he says with a smile. and there's the cheesiness I was expecting.

"Sure. just don't laugh." I say. He goes to grab a mic off the side of the stage he starts to play from the beginning and I start to sing

"When the days are cold and cards all fold an the saints we see are made of gold when your dreams all fail and the ones we hail are the worst , of all and the blood runs stale........"

We finish the song and I look down at him before I am say anything he says "I was right. come on I have one more surprise." we go and get back in the truck.