Chapter 1: A Hero Arises From Feudal Japan!

Pronounciation Guide:

Elri Bloodrose-(El-re or El-rai (rye) Bloodrose

Kohaku-(Ko-ha-coo means Amber in Japanese)

Myka Tenkaraida (My-ka) (Ten-ka-rai-dah)

Akurei-(Ah-coo-rei means demon in Japanese)

Sensei (Sen-sei means master in Japanese)

The young wizard tripped through the portal and landed face first into the grass. He groaned in pain. He had arrived ten years into the future. To his dismay, it was ten years in feudal Japan. He slowly rose to his feet rubbing the bump on his head. He then heard a loud rustling noise coming from the bushes behind him. He held his wolf's head staff out in front of him ready to fight.

"Who goes there? Reveal yourself now!" He ordered.

The demon jumped out of the bushes with a laugh. He scratched at his big pot belly before smiling at the wizard.

"I was ordered to follow you, Wizard. It is in our best interest that you don't succeed in finding the hero." the demon cooed darkly.

The wizard's hazel green eyes stared at the demon in amusement. A sly grin was on his face.

"Well, my name is Elri Bloodrose and I don't give a dragon's wing what your bloody interest is! My intention is to stop all of you. So you better skedaddle, fool before I go all mythical on your sorry flea-bitten behind and place something terrible on you!" He growled.

The demon huffed in frustration.

"You won't succeed. I'll make sure of it for Hell's sake!" It shrieked.

The demon flew off into the forest and disappeared. Elri sighed in irritation after that.

"That piece of dung is going to be nothing but trouble. I'll deal with it later." He mumbled to himself.

Turning invisible, he fell asleep underneath a tall cherry blossom tree just as the sun began to rise into the sky.

When the sun began to shine welcoming a new day, a young 8 year old girl with long black hair placed in pigtails wearing a button up red dress slid the fumosa doors of her Japanese style hut open. She stepped outside and slowly climbed up the pear tree in their yard. The pears looked ripe and delicious. Feeling them, she slowly plucked them off the tree. She placed them into the folds of her dress. She thought of the many things that could be made with them and smiled.

"Kohaku, where are you?" A voice asked in the distance.

Kohaku recognized the voice and smiled.

"I'm up here Myka! I was just gathering us some pears for us to make delicious treats to eat like cinnamon pear bread and more." She replied with a laugh.

Myka held his arms out to his sister. With a leap, she landed into his arms safely. Feeling his face, she smiled.

"Thanks for catching me, big brother." She told him.

Myka nodded. He told her to go inside and set the pears on the dining room table. She nodded. Kohaku carried the pears she had in her dress without dropping them into the house.

Though she had beautiful brown eyes, the world was a blur to Kohaku. A terrible accident occured that made the child go blind. She was playing with a frog that jumped into the street. When she caught it, she froze in place. A horse belonging to a member of the militia reared up in fright. Terrified, the poor beast kicked her in the face. The girl laid unconscious in the street while the militia rode past her undeterred by the incident.