FOUR

After our chat with J'onn, Clark ran back to Metropolis to get a change of clothes so that we could face Lena as normal people. Me as an FBI agent and him as a reporter. 

J'onn had given me a badge, as promised, along with a suit to put on instead of going in sweats. I'm wearing glasses and have my beard longer, so hopefully she wont recognized me. We did almost get married. Once Clark got back, J'onn went over what we needed to do again. 

"Okay. Don't lose you tempers, and try your hardest to be nice, without giving away your identities or you relationship to Supergirl." He lectures. I nod and turn to Clark, he's staring off into space, probably thinking of ringing Lena's neck. "We don't even know if it's her" J'onn adds, attempting to calm Clark's nerves.

Clark nods and we head to the balcony. "And be careful" we hear J'onn say as we fly off. We're careful to make sure no one sees us flying around and we make it to L-corp with no problems. Once we enter the building, Clark follows me to the reception desk.

"Hi, I'm Special Agent Mike Mathews from the FBI," I say showing her my badge "And this is Clark Kent, From the daily planet, we're currently investigating two murders and we would like to ask Miss. Luthor a few questions please." I say in the deepest voice I can. 

"Just one moment" She says grabbing the phone and punching in a couple of numbers. "Miss. Luthor, there's an FBI agent and a reporter here to see you" She pauses "Okay" she puts the phone back and the handset and looks back to me. "Right through those doors"

"Thankyou" I smile. 

I follow Clark in though the doors the receptionist pointed to and stopped when we saw Lena standing up from her desk. "How can I help you?" 

"Hi, I'm Special Agent Mike Mathews from the FBI," I repeat showing her my badge, just as before "And this is Clark Kent, From the daily planet" 

She extends her hand to Clark and he just glares at it until I jab him in the side. "Sorry, I'm a  bit of a germaphobe" He lies 

 She just nods. "We've met before, correct?" She asks him, as he cocks his head. "I met you when I met Kara, I believe" 

Before Clark can say another word, I step in, fear of him either breaking down or killing Lena right then and there. "Speaking of Ms. Danvers," I pause and begin again "she was found dead 2 nights ago" I say as steadily as I can. 

"Wh-what?" She asks in disbelief. "How-w?" 

I don't answer for a couple of seconds, waiting for the information to soak into the air. "Murder" When Lena doesn't say anything, the tears welting in her eyes, I speak again. "Not only was Kara found dead, but that same night Supergirl was also found dead a couple blocks away" I ask, attempting to make my story sound believable. "I've been informed by a 'higher' official that you could've had something to do with it"

She finally meets my eyes, tears streaming down her face, glaring. "You just told me that my best friend is dead, and then not so subtly add that you think that I killed the protector of our city?" She asks as a wave of guilt flies over me. "Why? Because I'm a Luthor?" she laughs sadly. "Figures. Well" She wipes her cheeks and stands back up "I do know how to make kryptonite, but I didn't give the formula to anyone, so count me out of your little investigation, if you have any other questions for me, please contact my lawyer, and have a nice day" 

"Ms. Luthor-" I try to say

"I said good day" She cuts me off. 

I nod and turn around, but quickly stop when I see her. Her hair flowing with the wind, her smile as bright as the sun. "Kara?" I barley say above a whisper. 'Help me' she mouths. 

I step forward but am quickly stopped by Clark stepping in front of me. Her body turns to dust and with a quick snap, she's gone. 

"Are you okay?" Clark asks.

I snap out of my mesmerized trance and look at him in the eyes. "yeah" I turn my head towards Lena, "Sorry for waisting your time" I say walking out of the building, Clark following.

"What was that all about?" He asks as we walk down the street.

"Nothing" I lie. "I just thought I saw something I didn't"

"Kara?" He asks.

I stop and look at him. "How did you-"

"Super hearing" he answers, pointing to his ears. I just nod. "What did she say?" He asks quietly.

"She asked me to help her" I say in disbelief, quickly stopping. "What if she's alive?" I ask him

He stops abruptly and turns around. "What are you talking about Mon-el?" 

"What if that body we have isn't Kara's"

"You sound crazy" He shakes his head. "Your making this theory on what? Seeing her in the air. Just let it go" He begins to walk again, this time a little faster. He doesn't sound angry, just conflicted. Like he's already thought of all of the possibilities. But I don't let it go.

"That wasn't the only time I saw her" I explain, following. "I've dreamt about her too. She's asked me to help her there as well. What if she's trying to communicate with me. What if she needs help?" 

"You just feel guilty" He shrugs me off as we approach the DEO. "You think you should've helped her before she was killed. It's understandable"

I just nod, sighing. I do sound crazy. There's no way Kara's alive. But is there?

Don't hate me. I know it's been a very, very long time. I've just been busy. And this chapter was not worth the wait. But hopefully the next one will. Have a wonderful day!