TWO

After my little outbirst at Winn I decided that I couldn't be in that room anymore. I couldn't see her like that. 

I stood solumly on the balconey, staring at the stars. Whenever Kara was upset or disipointed, she would come out here and just stare at the city in front of her. I had grown to the custom as well. 

Light, almost silent steps approch me, and I assume it's Alex or Winn attepting to squeze an apoligie out of me "Look I'm sorry about what i said, but I really don't wanna talk abou-" I cut my self when I turn around to see J'onn standing in front of me. "Oh" I shrug turning back to the city.

I hear his steps become closer untill he stops, leaning on the balconey. "I know your hurt Mon-el but-" he tries to begin

"Do we know who did this to her?" I ask, attepting to change the subject all together. Like I started to say, I dont really want to talk about it.

"We have no idea" He sighs. "The problem is we dont have any suspects." He says staring at the stars. "the call we got to send her on the mission was from the police. They said they thought something was going down at the warehouse and Supergirl should go. When Brainy and I went to find her, she was just lying in the middle of the floor. Nothing looked out of the ordinary." I nod atempting to comprehend all the information. "Wait a mintue" He pauses looking back at me. "How did you know to come back?"

"Before I left, I gave Kara my ring so she could call me if needed. At about 3:30 last night she called me in distress, I heard a scream and the line went dead" I explain "I woke Winn up and we came here as fast as we could." I turn to him "Just not fast enough" 

"Don't blame your self Mon-el " he says throwing his hand onto my shoulder. "it's no ones fualt except the jackass that killed  her." Killed her. No one has said that aloud yet. It hurt. It all hurts. I'm hurt.

"Yeah and I'm ganna kill her" I say out of anger, turning back to the city, not wanting to see his reaction.

"Her?" he asks confused.

"Uh yeah. When Kara called me she said 'she got me', as in her." I tell him.

"That's a good step in the right direction Mon-el" he says stepping away from me.

"What?" I ask following him to the large round table in the center of the DEO.

"We were all assuming that a male killed Kara. Now we have a lead and can cross out any names that come across our bored that are men." He explains.

"What's going on" I hear Alex ask behind me.

"We have a small lead." I say turning to her. He eyes are still red and blotchy and her face is still tear stained.

"What kind of lead?" she wipes her face attempting to stop any stray tears and comes up to the table.

"When Kara called me to come and help her using the ring I gave her, she said 'she got me'" I explain again. "As in female."

"That gets us almost no where" Alex says anger mixing into her sadness. "It could've been a guy her put a girl up to It"

"Well we can at least look into It" I attempt to add any glimmer of hope to finding Kara's killer.

"The probability of finding the one who killed Supergirl was 22%" Brainy adds to the conversation, sitting up from a desk chair. "Now with the added information of a female killing her and the fact that Mon-el and Winn are back, the probability is-" he pauses for a few seconds to calculate. "64%"

"The odds are in our favour." I half smile.

Alex just rolls her eyes and walks off. You can tell how unhappy she is without Kara around. It must be even harder without Maggie. It had been months since the two split off, but according to Kara, Alex was still upset about the entire thing. The only thing keeping her mind off of it was Ruby. And by the way she's acting, she hasn't see Ruby or Sam in a while.