Key

BRIANA's POV

"I'm sorry. Who are you?" I asked the stranger. He smiled, he dropped his head a little, and put his hand out. "I'm Elijah. Niklaus is my brother." Niklaus? Who was Niklaus? He must have saw my confusion. "You may know him as Klaus." I nodded. Klaus had a brother? There was so much I didn't know about him. I took his hand and shook it. "Briana." I couldn't help but feel like he was judging me just a little. He said "You are rather beautiful. You have it, I can tell by the way you looked when I said his name." Okay if he was trying to confuse me. It totally worked. "Excuse me." I replied. What was this man talking about? "Let me guess, without Klaus near you, you feel dark. When he is with you there is this feeling you can not explain. When he touches you, even in the slightest way, you are intoxicated." How did he know this? Can he read my thoughts? My look of confusion must have answered his question. "You are Niklaus' key." Key? okay this man is crazy. "Key? key to what?" I had to ask. I couldn't help it, I was curious. "The key to his humanity, his heart, his soul. You are what Niklaus has been searching for since we were children. 1000 years on this Earth , I though he lost hope. My mother used to tell us when we were small about our soulmates. How when we found them, we couldn't explain the feelings we had when we are around them." 

"You got the wrong girl, mister. See, he doesn't care about me. He only cares about breaking the curse." Elijah smiled. He looked at me. "But what you don't understand is Klaus would do anything for you. He would even give up his own life for yours. 1000 years on this godforsaken planet and I have tried to find my brother's humanity. He comes here and you seem to find it in less than 72 hours. I applaud you." He was beginning to make me angry. "Believe me when I tell you. I am not capable of love. I will never be capable of love. I am ruined not broken. " I turned to walk away. "Then explain the way you are with Niklaus then." I didn't turn back to him. I just walked away back towards home. I wasn't able to love anyone. Even if it is Klaus. He deserved better than me even though he is evil, in every since of the word. 

I reached my house. When I walked through the door, Damon and Elena was there. I started to walk upstairs when Damon caught my arm. "We need to talk." I stopped and looked at him. "I don't want to talk, Damon. I'm not in the mood." I saw his face go from soft and loving to angry. "Then just listen. " Elena walked up. She had her arms folded in front of her. "Bri, I'm worried." I scoffed and started walking upstairs, hoping they didn't follow. Let's just say, I didn't get my wish. "Briana, lately I don't know where your head is. You don't talk to anyone and we are worried." Getting agrivated. "I haven't talked to anyone in over a year, Elena. I'm not starting now." I walked into my room and was going to slam my door but, to my dismay, Damon caught it and kept it from closing. "That's the point. You need to open up to someone. It's been a year since they died Briana. We all miss them. They were our parents. But we need you to open up about it. We just want to help." Elena finished. I guess Jeremy heard us from his room. "What's going on?" He asked. I turned and went towards the bathroom anything to get away from everyone. "Briana, listen to Elena, open up to us." By now I was beyond pissed. "And say what, Damon? huh?" We were yelling by this point. "Anything. Anything is better than you shutting us all out." Pissed couldn't even describe my mood. "What do you people want me to say? They are dead. What do you people want from me? huh? you want me to open up? Will that make you happy? fine! You want me to tell you that it was my fault. That I should have been the one to die. That I should have been the one to pick Elena up that night but I thought I was in love with Tyler. Is that what you want? Or do want me to tell you that everyday I wish that It was me. That I was the one who would've died so you and Jeremy could still have parents? Because Elena I do. I wish everyday, that I would have been the one in that car and not them. I wish I would have died." Tears fell from my eyes. Jeremy walked towards me, I backed up. "No, I don't want this. " I pushed past Damon and Elena and walked out the door. I jumped in my car and drove. I didn't care where I went. I just had to get away from them.