It should have been me

BRIANA'S POV

I haven't felt alive since the day my parents died. I was hurting. I tried to make myself feel alive with guys, Damon being one of them. But when Klaus touched me, I felt like I was over it and ready to move on. I looked him in the eyes. I can't be with him, he is evil. He wants to kill my sister. He has probably killed countless other. The list goes on and on. "What do you mean he made you feel alive?" Kathrine asked. I had completely forgot she was even in the room. I shook my head and walked past Klaus toward the door. "Keep the phone, I'll get a new one." I opened the door and walked out.  He just let me walk out. I went down the stairs and into the street. Tears flowing freely. I looked down at my feet as I walked. How could I only feel for an evil sadistic man who's only goal in life is to kill my sister to raise a curse?

"I do not want to scare you, love. I can not explain why I am drawn to you. I can not explain any of it. But when you left that room, I felt empty; just as I had for the last thousand years. I'm tired of feeling like that. " I shook my head, I can't believe this. "Why you? I have had boyfriends and dated but when they touch me it's nothing like when you just touched me. Why you? Why not Damon? or even Tyler?" Me and Tyler went on a few dates nothing serious though. It was right after Vicki died and I felt like I was spiraling downward. "I can not explain that. I felt it too though." I looked into his eyes as he walked towards me and put my phone in my hand. "I hope you will reconsider." I looked down at my shoes. "I'll think about it." I saw him smile and I walked towards my house when I turned "Klaus! I'll think about it if you will reconsider killing my sister." He smiled, walking towards his apartment. "I'll think about it, love." I smiled at him and he disappeared. 

I walked home. Thinking the whole way about my parents. Would they be happy for me or would they be disappointed in me? I walked through the front door. I looked into the living room, everyone was in there. They became silent when I entered the room. Damon was the first up and in front of me, checking me for any injuries. He hugged me when he saw none. "What happened? Where have you been?" I had to tell them the truth eventually. "Klaus took me to talk to me." They looked at me surprised. "What do you mean talk to you?" Elena's worried voice had asked. I again got aggrivated. "I'm supposed to protect you and Jeremy, Elena. So he wanted to talk to me and so I talked to him. I tried to talk him out of this ritual nonsense." I turned to walk away. "You are so busy protecting us, then who's going to protect you, Bri." Jeremy had a point. I had alot on my plate right now. "That's the thing about older siblings, Jer, we are superman. I can  do it all." I walked away and up the stairs into my room. I walked into the bathroom and got a shower. 

I let the hot sprays wash away all the worry and regret I was feeling. I regretted I would miss my chance with Klaus. He is the first person, well he isn't exactly a person, to make me feel alive and maybe I should take this chance. Then I remember my car was at the school. Damn. I'm going to need that. I got out the shower and got dressed in my pajama shorts and a tank. I walked into my room, Damon was sitting on the window seat. "You had us all worried." I went to my closet and got my shoes. I was going to get my car. "Then don't worry about me, Damon." He smiled. "You have to let someone in, Bri. This holding everything in, it's going to make you like me." I started putting my shoes on. I grabbed my phone. "Well then make room for me next to you when I die. If you say I'm going to end up like you then I probably won't permanently die any way. " I walked out the room and down the stairs. I walked out the door when someone grabbed me turned me towards them and held me by my arms. "You can't live life hating everyone and everything, Briana. You have to care for someone.-" I looked into his eyes. "I do Damon, It's called my family. I would die for Elena and Jeremy. They are who I have to protect. My parents died on that bridge making sure Elena was alright when it should have been me. " He looked at me confused. "I was supposed to go pick Elena up that night. But I begged them to do it so I could go on a date with Tyler. I should have drove over that bridge and saved Elena and died. Not them. If it wasn't for me Jeremy and Elena would still have parents." He took a step back and let me go. "But you would be dead. " I turned away from him and began walking again. I turned my head, looked over my shoulder "They could live with that."  I continued walking.