4

"So all this for a one-night-stand?" Aaliyah flipped through the contract, scoffing as she read over some of the clauses. "Oh, baby, what have you gotten yourself into?"

"I don't know," I whined, falling back onto my naked bed. It was my move out day, according to Jack, who texted me that they'd be at my dorm to pick up my stuff around two. "Please just sign it before Jack gets here. I don't want him to be mean to me again."

"Is this really such a good idea?" she asked, but signed the paper anyways.

"I don't have another option, unless I get an abortion," my hands instinctively fell to cover my stomach. "And I don't want that."

"You shouldn't have signed it," Aaliyah slid the papers towards me and I tucked them into my purse.

"If I didn't, they wouldn't have supported me. David would lie and say he didn't know me and I would have no money, no job, and no help. I need him," I explained, packing up the last of the little trinkets on my desk. "It's all going to turn out okay. I just know it."

"Dorm B23 isn't going to be the same without you, S," Aaliyah wrapped me in a tight hug, swaying us back and forth to the rhythm of the song inside her head. "I love you endlessly."

"Ditto," I smiled just to hold back my own tears, tangling my hands in her curly hair. "I'll be fine. He has a roommate anyways; he can't, like, kill me. I hope."

"You are going to be a wonderful fake girlfriend, and an even better mother," she grinned, leaning forward to kiss me on the lips. "Call me as soon as you get settled in. Maybe I'll come visit in a few days. I'll see you in class, though, right?"

"Yeah, of course. I'll see you Monday, then," I gave her the best smile I could muster but turned around to wipe the tears off my cheeks. "You can go, if you want. Isn't Dre waiting?"

"Dre will wait a million years before I ditch you in our last few minutes as roommates," Aaliyah reassured me. "I'm not sending my best friend off to slavery alone. My people suffered for hundreds of years; you aren't going to suffer on my watch."

"Okay, I don't think it's that serious, but I appreciate the sentiment," it made me giggle, which was her goal. "Hopefully your new roommate is as fun, charismatic, charming, beautiful, creative, talented—"

"Okay, bitch, let's not get ahead of ourselves," she cut me off before we heard a knock on our door. We shared a little oh fuck look, and Aaliyah swung the door open. My eyes travelled up the long scrawny torso and landed on David's face, and relief shot through my veins. Jack was too scary for me.

"Hey, Sloane," he smiled, looking around the half empty dorm. "You're ready to go?"

"Yeah, could you help me with some of my bags?" I gestured to the five different boxes and bags scattered across the room. "I can carry, like, three things."

"Sloane, why don't you go ahead and head to the car while Dobrik and I have a chat? I'll make sure all your stuff gets down safely," Aaliyah gave me a look that told me it wasn't open for discussion. I nodded my head to a terrified looking David and slipped out the door, staying close for just a second to hear her opening line. "I know you think because you're rich and famous that you're untouchable and that you can get away with whatever the fuck you think you're getting away with, but I'm not scared of you, or your stupid little contract, or going to jail—"

Pretty sure all three of those were lies.

"—so if you hurt Sloane, physically or emotionally, I will get her out of that contract so damn fast it will make your big head spin," she warned, and I held in my giggles at her added insult. "My daddy is the best lawyer in Southern California, and I'm positive your dumbass management team left a few loopholes. And, so help me God, if you lay a finger on her in any way she doesn't consent to, I will fucking kill you. I will literally come to your house and stab you to death, and I will love every second of it. I love Sloane with all of my fucking heart, and if she gets caught up in any of your drama, you will pay for it. She's too good of a person for this shit to happen to her. Do I make myself clear, Dobrik?"

I took that as my cue to hurry down to the parking lot, worried that they'd catch me eavesdropping.

David's car was not difficult to spot in the parking lot. The Tesla stood out against the Fords and Hyundais, and the people standing around it taking selfies with it made it impossible not to know. I leaned up against the light pole in front of the dorm building, waiting for the two to make it out of our room (hopefully both alive).

A few minutes later they were down, two bags being dragged behind Aaliyah while David had a bag hanging off his elbow and two boxes stacked up to his nose. I frowned at Aaliyah's treatment of my things and snatched them from her hands, lifting them off the concrete to inspect the damage.

"Thanks, Lee," I frowned, noticing the scratches on both of my bags. "Means a lot. You definitely got my bags down safely."

"No problem, babe," she grinned, leaning forward to plant a sloppy kiss on my cheek. "David seems like a lovely guy."

"Yeah," I awkwardly nodded, making my way towards his car. "He does."

David helped me load his trunk with all of my things before he went off to take pictures with a few people waiting. I took this as an opportunity to say goodbye to my best friend.

"I'm going to miss you so much," I sighed into her neck, wrapping my arms tightly around her. It was all sinking in, making my head pound with fear. Not only was I pregnant and bound to David Dobrik forever, but I was also legally bound to him. If I stepped out of line, I could get in serious trouble. I felt like I was going to prison, not going to live with my baby daddy.

"Don't worry, babe," she reassuringly rubbed his hand up and down my spine. She pulled back to look me in the eyes and said, "If anyone, and I mean anyone, hurts you in any way while you're with him, tell me and my dad will get you out. I don't want you to be hurt. Okay?"

"I love you," I replied, giving her one last kiss on the cheek. "I love you forever. I'll see you Monday, okay?"

"Of course," she smiled at me.

"Are you ready, babe?" David asked, sending me a wink when my eyes doubled in size at the pet name. I noticed the group taking pictures with David suck in a breath like they weren't ready for it.

"Yeah," I grinned, even though I didn't feel that way on the inside. "Bye, Lee. Love you."

"I love you too," she waved as I slid into David's car. He closed the door right as she mumbled, "Remember what I said, Dobrik."

I didn't doubt that he'd remember.

We got out of the parking lot, away from the prying eyes, before David started talking.

"Your friend's kinda scary," he stated, and I held in my laugh. That was the goal.

"She's just protective of me," I explained. "Your manager's very scary."

"Yeah, about that..." he half chuckled. "I don't think it's as serious as he was making it out to be. As long as you're not posting a sex tape, I'm not that worried about it. Obviously we have to sell the relationship, but I'm not going to worry about what you do every day. You seem like a smart person."

"Why didn't you say all this when he was berating me?" I frowned. It did make me feel better to hear that David thought the contract was a little crazy, but also showed me he was spineless to not stand up for me. 

"I've worked with Jack for three or four years now," he told me. "I've learned it's better to just let him do his thing. Oh, also, the dating thing. As long as you can keep it private—"

"No one's going to want to date a pregnant girl anyways," I chuckled, rubbing my temples. "It's not necessary, that clause. I'm not going to do anything."

"You're gonna be a lot easier than I thought, Sloane. We're going to have some fun together."

aww bonding?? cute!!!! lmk what u guys think; this is definitely a more serious story with a more serious subject matter so im trying to make it serious without it being too fanfic-y?? but also not straying away from fanfic-y??? shes just now going to meet all his friends soo its about to get more fanfic like !!!!

vote/comment/follow if u like!! tell me what u think!!! what characters do u like??? what characters do u hate???? xoxoxoo abby