Chapter Ten:

EDITED: Chapter Ten:

"How is the future treating you?"

I looked up at the painting of my father, his eyes as dark as ever but his face wasn't nearly as emotionless as it had been years ago before, before I was sent back in time. Maybe I'd done more than I thought, maybe, just maybe, because of my intervention and changing of the future, I helped make my father's life better.

"Its.. nice. I just want to go back to my own time though." A thought struck me then, and it was a life changing question. "Do I ever go back to my own time? I mean.. my older self must be here as well, right? You'd know who I married, did I ever have kids?"

He pursed his lips, staring down at me solemnly before he smirked. "That information is confidential."

I glared at his portrait, huffing. "What do you mean it's confidential? It's my life! I think I have a right to know what happens to me!" My voice raised slowly but surely as I kept speaking. "Do I die? Am I dead? How many kids do I have? I need to know these things!"

"Why do you need to know, Spencer? Isn't it better not to know whats coming in your life. What if, by telling you what I know of you, everything changed. I'm sorry, I can't do that. You'll just have to wait and find out."

"That's hardly fair," I grumbled, crossing my arms over my chest and proceeding to pout like a small child. Though.. well there were a lot of things in my life that were unfair, I knew that and my father definitely knew that.

But people had it way worse than I did, I chided myself. The worst going on right now was I didn't know what happens to me when I go back to my own time. People were starving in our world, kidnapped, murdered and abused. I had no right to complain about my life being unfair.

"Sorry, I shouldn't say that. I understand why you wouldn't be able to tell me. I've got to go though, it's almost supper time and Scorpius would throw a fit if I missed it. I love you."

"I love you, Spencer."

*_*_*_*_*_*_*

I stuffed a piece of bread into my mouth, surprised to be hungry for once. I hadn't eaten since last night, but I had managed to dodge Scorpius all day, ever since he'd made me eat that grilled chicken and squash. My stomach rumbled uncomfortably now as I swallowed before taking another bite, smiling at Scorpius innocently as he sat next to me.

"You've been avoiding me again."

I nodded, not bothering to deny the accusation as I kept eating. "Well.. I wasn't hungry, but even when I'm not hungry you force food on me. I appreciate that you care, but I dont want to eat when I'm not hungry, so as long as you keep forcing food on me, I'll keep avoiding you," I shrugged, before chewing my food and grimacing at the thought that I was just speaking with my mouth full of bread.

How attractive.

"I'm just trying to look out for you. As weird as it may seem, I dont have a whole lot of actual friends. I mean, sure, people stick near me because I'm their star Quidditch player, but they're not real friends. I'd like to think that you are though, you're a real friend, as am I. I am your friend and you are mine, and as friends it is our duty to make sure the other stays healthy and as happy as possible. Which is what I'm doing. If it irritates you, then I'm sorry, but I wont stop."

I shrugged, "That's fine, I'll probably just keep avoiding you then," I admitted as I finished my plate of food, rubbing my now overly-full stomach. "Merlin, that was some good food," I groaned, leaning back on the bench and almost falling off before catching myself.

"There's supposed to be a meteor shower tonight, Headmistress McGonagall is going to let the students go out to the Black Lake if they want to, to watch it. Not many students care about it, but a few of us Gryffindors are heading out there if you two want to come!" Cherish Burbage smiled as her head popped up between Scorpius and I.

I jumped as she first started talking, before relaxing and staring at her, I was already hyped up and excited for seeing a meteor shower. I'd never seen one in my entire seventeen years, not on the television, not in person, not in my dreams, just nowhere.

I wanted to, a whole lot actually.

"I'll be there!" I declared, smiling happily.

Scorpius sighed, looking between Cherish and I before grumbling. "I'll be there as well." Cherish grinned, slapping her hand on my back roughly, causing me to grunt in pain and hunch over. My back stung something fierce.

"That's great! I'll see you there then!"

***

I felt free.

Twisting and twirling, my hands arched together over my head in a ballerina's pose, I spun through the empty hallways, I was amateurish, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, just moving. I liked to move, in whatever way my body told me to, and tonight it was telling me to twirl like a ballerina, which is exactly what I was attempting to do.

It took me a while to finally make it outside, between the dizzy spells and the falling down, giggling and laughing. Honestly I felt so carefree. It wasn't a feeling I was used to. I was used to losing weight and overworking myself, used to being stressed out and not getting enough sleep. But here, in this year, there was none of that.

There was school and relaxation. Though the holidays had started today, nobody would be leaving until tomorrow morning. I had accepted the fact that I'd be staying at Hogwarts for the next three weeks without much company. By then, I'd only have a month left to go before I could go to my own time, where I belonged.

"Hurry up, Spence, you're missing it!"

I grinned, racing off towards Scorpius to watch my very first meteor shower.