The Date...

Sorry it took so long. I was just finding out who my real friends were. Turns out I only have one. I guess one is better than none...

Naruko's POV

I put on the mask that I haven't put on my face in years and looked at myself in the mirror. I let my long hair down, and it was long enough to touch my butt. The royal blue, off the shoulder dress that went to my knees went well with my skin tone and made my sky blue eyes pop. I did a twirl for good measure and sunshined to our meeting spot, the dango shop.

I looked around and finally spotted Gaara sitting at a table in the far back of the shop. I took a deep breath and approached him.

"Hey Gaara," I mumbled. He didn't seem to hear me so I said it again a bit louder, "Hey Gaara."

"Naru-" he started to say, but I quickly put my hand over his mouth.

"You may call me FOX or Kat," I stated slowly, removing my hand from his mouth.

"Very well, Kat," Gaara said with a glint in his eye.

Seriously? Where did this change of attitude come from? And why is the furball so silent?

Somewhere in Naruko's mindscape...

"My OTP," Kurama sniffed. "SasuNaruuuu!!!!"

Kurama plopped onto his stomach and began to cry.

"Stupid Shukaku and making his Jinchuriki act out like this!" Kurama cried. "He knows very well that I don't ship Gaara x Naruko!"

Kurama sat up and clenched his fist in a sudden rage. "I know what to do! I'll take over Naruko's body and make her act so horribly that the racoon will never come back!"

The over-emotional furball started to cry yet again at his next thought. "But then Naruko would hate me and make me dance to the Nutcracker again!"

Back to Naruko's Date...

I took a seat and ate a dango (taking my mask off and back on so fast that no one saw my face) that was sitting on a plate in front of Gaara.

"So..." I stated, trying to start up a conversation.

"So?" Gaara stated like a question.

Gosh this is awkward.

"Why don't you tell me about yourself," I offered.

"I am Gaara and I'm a Jinchuriki," he stated while chewing on a dango.

"I say that Sasuke's better," Kurama grumbled.

'Jeez, I'm on a date with a guy and that's all you have to say?' I asked him, slightly agreeing.

"I sensed that agreement," Kurama exclaimed happily. "I say you ditch this racoon and go find Sasuke and make him take you on a date!"

'I need to give him a chance, I bet this is his first date and he doesn't know what to do.' I said, defending Gaara.

"Even Haku's better than this guy!" Kurama argued.

"But Gaara understands me," I argued back.

"You think that I understand you?" Gaara questioned with a small smile.

"Shoot, did I say that out loud?" I mumbled.

"Yes, you did," Gaara smiled. "But the reason I asked you is because I felt like we had a connection. Whether that be the tailed beasts or something more."

I began to blush at his words. He felt... a connection? With me?

"I think this feeling that I get when I'm around you," Gaara continued, "Even if we just met, I think I might love you Naru- Kat. Please let me get the chance to get to know you and see if these feelings are real... and if maybe... you could love me in return."

My face was probably redder than one of Sasuke's favorite tomatoes.

I stood up abruptly, slamming my hands on the table. "Let's- uh- um, gotta go," I yelled, running out the door.

After running a little while, I leaned against a tree in the forest and put my head in my hands.

I'm sooo stupid. He probably hates me now. And after all he said!

Tears gathered in my eyes and began to fall. I quickly wiped them away, but more came.

"FOX?!"

Gaara's POV

I watched Naruko rush out the door and I smiled. 'She's so cute.'

"Shut up with the mushy crap," Shukaku yelled. "It's making me sick!"

Even though he said all those words, I could tell that he liked Naruko. Naruko, I hope you don't hate me now.

??? POV

I listened to my friend tell me about the date and I smiled. By the sound of it, she does not share the same feelings as Gaara. Hopefully, I can get close enough to her for her to give me a chance.

Why is that? It's because I think I fell in love with Naruko Uzumaki.

{September 9, 2018}