The Fox is closer than you think

Naruto POV

I was walking across town and I noticed that the glares were filled with even more hate than before.

"Can you believe they let that 'thing' into the academy?"

"They can't let that 'demon' become a ninja."

"Ninja are supposed to protect the village... if that boy becomes a ninja, he will be even more dangerous if he wakens the power of the nine tails. He could kill us all."

"Shush. We aren't supposed to talk about that."

'Even more dangerous.' They think that I could easily kill them all. They think that I am the nine tails.

"Not that it would be that bad," Kurama said offended.

'Of course not dumb fox.' I thought back.

"Could you try to make me feel better without throwing insults at me?" I rolled my eyes. 

'Then you would be worried that something was wrong with me.' I thought.

"True. True." Kurama told me. "About the villagers... I think that you should play the role of a deadlast so that they won't be as worried about you. I know that you already have your 'fun and cheerful' mask on and that does help. But they think that you will awaken my power and become the nine tail and such which is a load of crap."

'You actually have good advice for once.' I laughed internally.

"I know, thank yo- HEY! What is that supposed to mean?" Kurama then began to throw a bunch of insults at me but I cut off the mind link.

Although I insulted him, what Kurama said was a good idea. I don't want the villagers to hate me than they already do. If that is even possible.

I sighed. That is just one of the many problems at hand.

What am I going to do to abandon those dumb Uchiha?

"NARUTO!" said an angry voice behind me.

Crap. I forgot about Iruka sensei and the academy. I was busy trying to get free from the Uchiha compound without anyone noticing.

"Oh hey Iruka-sensei," I said with a big fake smile on my face. Not that he would know the difference. "What's up?"

His eyebrow twitched. "What's up? Well I'll tell you. Class started an hour ago!"

"Oh... he he," I laughed pathetically trying to play it off.

He didn't listen. He picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

'Does he know that this is the easiest way to get killed?' I mused to myself. I imagined myself slicing his throat. Iruka then began to blab on and on how I shouldn't take learning to be a ninja lightly and all that crap.

I mean. I'm already a ninja.

Not that he knows...

...

Time Skip- at the academy during one of Iruka's boring lectures.

'Now how am I going to ditch those Uchiha.' I internally sighed to myself. 

I can't just run away and rejoin the ANBU. Lord Hokage was the one who approved the adoption papers. There is also no way that I am going to join ROOT under Danzo. I'd rather not be an emotionless puppet.

I sighed to myself. What to do. What to do.

I felt eyes bore into the side of my head and I turned to see the Uchiha that I punched threw the wall looking at me with an intense gaze. Jeez. Creepy much.

When he noticed that I caught him looking at me, he looked away quickly. 

Hmmmm... I wonder what's up?

"Idiot." Kurama said bored.

'Hey!'

Sasuke POV

Naruto. I can't place it, but he looks like someone. His eyes remind me of someone. But who?

I kept staring at him and he looked at me. His eyes. His bright blue eyes gazed into mine for a second and I looked away quickly. My mind involuntarily went to Kat's eyes. Eyes just like those. But she said they had no relation. 

Hmmmm.

Kurama's POV

'He's and Idiot too.' I thought to myself as I curled up to take a nap.

I then snored loudly just to upset Naruko.

Naruto's POV

'Dumb fox.' I thought to myself as I head Kurama's loud snores echo threw my brain. 'Sometimes I wish...'

That's when the idea of how I can escape those Uchiha without leaving the village popped into my brain.

I then got out a piece of paper and scribbled down the letter to the Hokage. Then another thought came into my head and I grinned evilly. I got out another piece of and addressed it to Fugaku and wrote down one word that meant so many.

Hn.

...

Hirozen POV

I was fighting my greatest enemy, paperwork, when my secretary came knocking holding a letter.

"This was addressed to you Lord Hokage," she said. 'I really need to learn her name.' I thought to myself.

"Yes yes, bring it here," I told her waving my hand. She obliged and left after bowing.

I opened the letter.

Dear Lord Hokage,

I wrote this letter to tell you that I refuse to live with the Uchiha. I know that it is against the law and such to live by yourself if you are under the age of 16, but I can't really afford to live with someone at the moment. That also means that the orphanage is out of the question.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not leaving the village, but I don't want you to look for me. I will be protecting this village from the shadows. If you hear about something like that- it's me. Anyway, I'm bad with words but thank you. You will see me when the time is right. And always remember.

The Fox is closer than you think.

-ANBU Fox

3rd Person POV- at the Uchiha district

Fugaku shook in fear when he opened the letter that Fox addressed to him.

Dear Fugaku,

Hn.

Love, ANBU Fox

The only thought that ran threw his mind as he quaked in fear was, 'How did she know?'

Anyway, since I know you guys are fluent in the way of the "Hn." I won't tell you what the letter said.

If you're not sure, send me a comment on what you think. I would love to know. *grins evily*

{June 10, 2018}