chapter 6

Jake and I entered the cafeteria and walked over to where Gracie and Lizzie were seated. "Girls, this is Jake." "Jake, this is Lizzie and Gracie." Pointing at the two. They both have me a look that said 'We will talk later' and winked. They looked up from behind me with a look in there eyes saying they wish they weren't here right now. I turned around in my chair and see Chelsea charging towards us with a look that could kill either me or Jake. Why is she glaring at Jake? Don't tell me they are dating.. "Jake, why are you sitting with these losers?" "They are my friends Chelsea. Go before I tell Mom that you brought some guy into the house last night." She grunts and turns around walking back to her table of whores. We stay quiet the rest of the time till lunch ends. It was awkward.

Ding Ding.

We get up saying a quick bye. Jake jogs and catches up to me. As we squeeze through groups of kids. "I'm sorry about my sister. She can be pretty mean." I scoff, "Mean? She's worse and wait.. Did you say sister?" Jake scratches the back of his head "Well..yeah. More like step-sister, her Dad married my Mom." We walk into class and set our stuff down. "How long?" As I turn to look at him, "About a year. I've finished school at my old school and then transferred over here." Before I could answer back the teacher walked in and class began.