(24) PC: He's a Telmarine!

Snarls and growls rang out of each and every mouth of the great beasts in the Shuddering Woods. In a small cove hundreds upon hundreds of Narnians stood, sat, knelt, in a great circle around Caspian and a cat Robin. Caspian stood, while Robin lay down. She was defending his poor soul by laying there though. All Narnians fear her, and they had great meaning to.

"Kill him!" A Centaur yelled above everyone. Robin growled at him showing her canines. "Telmarine!" Yelled a Faun. "Liar!" Yelled another. "Murderer!" Yelled a Minotaur. Caspian stood taking all these names with a face of sorrow.

"All this horn proves is they've stolen yet another thing from us!" Nikabrik yelled. Most everyone there agreed with him.

"I didn't steal anything." Caspian said taking a step forward.

"Didn't steal anything?" A Minotaur retorted. "Shall we list the things the Telmarines have taken?"

"Our homes!" A girl Centaur listed. "Our land!" Another yelled. "Our freedom!" A Faun said. "Our lives!" "You stole Narnia!"

"You would hold me accountable for all the crime of my people?"

"Accountable..." Nikabrik said as he jumped off the ledge he had been standing on, he started to walk forward, but Robin rose slightly and he stopped. "...and punishable."

"Ha!" Reepicheep yelled walking forward and unsheathing his sword. Robin did nothing to stop him, he fear her altogether--being a mouse and she a cat. "That is rich coming from you, Dwarf. Or have you forgotten it was your people who fought alongside the White Witch?" The mouse pointed his sword at the Dwarf, but Nikabrik simply flicked it away.

"And I'd gladly do it again, if it would rid us of these barbarians." Robin had had enough of this short creature and his disgrace. I'll keep that in mind, when I kill you. She thought rising to her feet and taking a threatening step toward him.

"Then it's lucky that it is not in your power to bring her back." Said Trufflehunter. "

"It could be." Robin muttered as she glared at him. "If he were smart enough."

"Or are you suggesting that we ask this boy to go against Aslan now?" The badger asked, and many shouts of "No!" echoed down to them. "Some of you may have forgotten, but we badger remember well that Narnia was never right except when a Son of Adam was king."

"He's a Telmarine! Why would we want him as our king?" Asked Nikabrik.

I thought you were the one to want to see him explain things. Robin thought as she lay back down.

"Because I can help you." Caspian finally said, defending himself.

"It's a trick!" Yelled some creature. Another yelled: "At least hear him out!"

"Beyond these woods, I'm a prince. The Telmarine throne is rightfully mine! Help me claim it, and I can bring peace between us."

"It is true." Glenstorm said as he started walking around the inner circle. "The time is ripe. I watch the skies for it is mine to watch as it is your to remember, badger. Tarva, the lord of victory, and Alambil, the lady of peace, have come together in the high heavens. And now here, a Son of Adam has come forth to offer us back our freedom."

A loud scrapping noise was heard from above and a little squirrel, by the name of Pattertwig, came into view. "Is this possible?" He asked, his voice quick and high. "Do you really think there could be peace? Do you? I mean, really?"

"Two days ago, I didn't believe in the existence of talking animals..." Caspian started looking around at everyone. "...or Dwarves...or Centaurs. Yet here you are in strength and numbers that we Telmarines could never have imagined. Whether this horn is magical or not, it brought us together." He raised the horn above his head. "And together, we have a chance to take back what is ours." He ended his circle around by facing Glenstorm.

The old Centaur walked toward him. "If you will lead us," He started. "then my sons and I..." He drew the long sword at his side. "...offer you our swords." Every creature with a weapon raised it, and the animals stood and faced him--except Robin, who was feeling lightheaded again.

"And we offer you our lives, unreservedly." Reepicheep added, with a bow.

"Miraz's army will not be far behind us, sire." Trufflehunter stated.

"If we are to be ready for them, we need to hurry to find soldiers and weapons." Caspian said. "I'm sure they will be here soon." Robin now stood up, her body shifting as she went. Soon the braided blonde haired girl Caspian knew stood before him.

"I might have a small idea where to find some weapons." A smile played in her eyes as she stared at him.