(2) LWW: It's a Beaver

Robin ran until she was sliding down the hill toward Tumnus' home. The rock wall to her right and the open forest her left she dashed straight through the broken door. Her eyes scanned over every little detail, seeing what would give her a sense of where he was. She knew who had taken him but for what crimes, she did not know.

A thick piece of paper was nailed to an inner post holding up some of the ceiling. Robin approached it as if it were an enemy, and it might not have been but the one who had written it was. Her eyes scanned over every little letter until it was imprinted into her mind.

"The Faun Tumnus is hereby charged

with High Treason

against Her Imperial Majesty,

Jadis, Queen of Narnia,

for comforting her enemies

and fraternizing with humans.

Signed Maugrim,

Captain of the Secret Police.

Long Live the Queen."

"The devil." She muttered. "You're nothing but a Witch with a wand. Don't call yourself "Queen" when you never will be one, no matter what you were back in your own world."

"Oi, what are you doing here?" The voice startled her and she jumped around ready to kill if necessary. But she quickly relaxed as she saw who it was. The little brown creature with a long flat pan like tail stood in the doorway.

"Mr. Beaver, you know very well not to frighten me." Her voice was stern, but a hint of laughter drenched it.

"Sorry, Robin, but what are you doing here?" He walked carefully in to avoid shattered glass and other dangerous objects.

"I am here, because the Daughters of Eve and Sons of Adam are on their way here and they do not know what has happened to our poor Mr. Tumnus.

"The children of Adam and Eve here...? In Narnia?!" He seemed to be mocking her, but she didn't catch it if he was.

"Yes, now I must not be seen yet. I'm too big for children to see as a friend, and in their world I am a threat. But you they might trust. Once they meet you and you get them into the forest, they will meet me. They must not know who I am fully yet." Robin slowly started her way to the door and out into the clear forest.

"Yes, ma'am, but..." He started after her. "...what if they don't believe me, and don't trust me?" Robin snorted, as well as a panther can snort.

"They are children and you a talking beaver." This didn't seem to help him. "I do not think they will have a choice, Mr. Beaver." The voices of children reached them and both the beaver and panther disappeared behind the snow covered boulders on the edge of the wooded area. Lucy leading the four came around the bend and into the snow cover porch of Mr. Tumnus. Lucy was talking but Robin only caught the last bit.

"...lots and lots of lovely food, and we'll have lots and lots of..." She gasped and stopped walking as she caught sight of the destroyed door. She immediately took off running toward it and into the house. "Lu?" The blonde boy asked. "Lucy!" He called after her, as they all ran forward. Once they were all inside Mr Beaver and Robin were left oblivious of what was happening.

"Oi, Robin." Mr Beaver whispered to her.

"What?" She muttered.

"Red is here. He can get their attention for us." Just then a small red bird flew and landed on the head of Robin.

"All right, Red, just something that won't scare them that much." The bird nodded and flew to a tree just in eye sight of the door. "Psst." He said. There was some rustling inside and the children came out. As they all laid eyes on him, he flew away. Their eyes all followed him. Then SNAP! Robin jerked her head to Mr. Beaver as he stepped onto a stick snapping it in half. She gave him a glare but he just gave a mischievous smile, and stepped onto another one. Robin mentally groaned and looked up to see the Daughters and Son--not the younger one--huddled together in a tight circle all staring at where Mr. Beaver was. "If you are going to do anything do it now." She hissed through gritted canines. He simply smiled and cautiously crawled forward.