(21) PC: Caspian we must ride!

Screaming could be heard all the way down in the dungeon where a young girl resided. Robin sat with her head resting against the cold stone. The cell bars taunted her and the moon shining down through her only window was saying 'Get out and enjoy me already'. But Robin couldn't. She had had a visitor telling her to remain in the cell until he came and got her, he feared for the Prince's life and knew that Robin was the only one willing to help him.

Of course Robin couldn't say no. She had been sent back to Narnia to watch over him, but now she was sitting in a jail cell for accidentally running into the Lord Miraz, brother of the late king, and uncle of the Prince, Robin was to be watching. She had been watching him, actually she had become good friends with him, but she couldn't believe she was having to babysit.

Robin brought her head forward then back making it smack the stone behind her. None of this would have happened if she had stopped them. Oh, how she wished she had now. The castle had been destroyed, her kin killed, and her family was no where in sight. She'd allowed them to go back. Why did I do such a stupid thing? I mean if they had stayed and we still lost they would have died, but why did I have to let them go so early? This seemed to be all she thought about during her days of watching the Prince. She knows that she wouldn't have a such a great friend without everything happening, but she still wished the four she had practically spent most of her days with, hadn't just left.

A jingling of keys sent Robin to her jail door. Professor Cornelius was slowly making his way to her, with the keys of freedom in hand. "We must be quick." He said as he opened her cell. "Lord Miraz's wife has given birth to a son. I am on my way to get the Prince now, you go to the stables and prepare his horse and your's. Oh, and you might need these." He pulled from behind his cloak her sword, bow, and quiver.

"Thank you, professor." Robin ran out and into the darkness of the night. She took many short and long cuts to get there without being seen. By the time she reached the stable, guards were running about telling others the news of the newborn. Robin shook her head and the negative thoughts came back to her.

Glade welcomed her into the stables as she entered in. "Hello, boy ready to do some riding." The horse threw his head as she walked toward him and unlatched the gate. Glade pranced out and around her before coming to a stop before the gate. He shoved his head in the direction of the opening and looked back at Robin. "Not yet boy, we have to bring Prince Caspian along with us." Robin went Destrier, the black horse of Caspian. She worked with the tack for a while--not using tack made her forget most of what things are--but it became simple after a few tries and right as Caspian and Cornelius came into the stable Destrier was saddled and ready to go.

Caspian had an armor breastplate on, his sword attached to his side, and a black cape flowing down his back. Once he saw Robin he quickened his steps and wrapped a hug around her neck. Like normal Robin's body went stiff then slightly relaxed to give the hug.

"Are you alright?" He asked, as he pulled away.

"Besides the fact that my head hurts, yeah I'm fine." Caspian gave her a quizzical look but shrugged it off with a "Good." He turned to Destrier and mounted as did Robin on Glade.

"You must make for the woods." Cornelius told them as they became comfortable.

"The woods?" Caspian objected.

"They won't follow you there." Robin opened her mouth to also object but he pulled something from his belt and handed it to Caspian. "It has taken me many years to find this." Robin's eyebrows furrowed in confusion of what it could be. The object was shaped strangely and was covered in a brown cloth. Caspian stared at it for a second before putting it into his own belt. "Do not use it except at your greatest need."

"Will I ever see you again?"

"I dearly hope so, my prince. There is so much more I meant to tell you." He looked at Robin as he said this. "Everything you know is about to change." Some men started shouting.

"Close the drawbridge." One yelled. Glade started pacing in place, and moved from side to side every now and then.

"Robin, you know your job." Cornelius looked at her again. She simply nodded and gripped Glade's mane. "Now, go." Glade didn't need to be told twice, he was out of there and Destrier followed quickly behind. Men yelled "Halt" and tried to pull the riders off their horses. Caspian grabbed hold of one of the soldier's spears and threw it into the fire holders causing fire to jump out and making the men to have to stop following for a mere second.

The drawbridge was rising but much too slowly. Robin didn't even have to urge Glade to jump, he simply jumped. As did Destrier and Caspian. Once the riders were a safe, but short distance away they stopped and looked back at the castle. Fireworks exploded above and a man was shouting a praise over the birth of Lord Miraz and Lady Prunaprismia's son.

"Caspian, we must ride!" Robin commanded him. He looked at her and she pointed to the bridge as soldiers on horses came after them. Caspian kicked his horse forward and Robin followed as they left the town of Telmar behind.