Chapter 13: I'm Losing Myself.

*Megan’s P.O.V.*

I sat in my room, still fuming a bit. Though I wasn’t quite sure why I was mad. I knew I was upset that Harry was with another girl, and I longed so much to be the one in his arms, holding his hand. I knew what this emotion was; I just didn’t want to admit it.

I was jealous.

I sighed, realizing how ridiculously immature I was being. I mean, Harry wasn’t even mine. I bet he doesn’t even have feelings for me. The thought dawned on me, making my heart wrench as I pulled my head out of the gutter and made myself accept reality. He doesn’t like you. He likes Veronica. Get over it, I told myself. I started coming to the realization that Harry was a big boy and was able to make his own decisions. Yes, his judgment was probably very skewed by his scattered emotions, but he had to take care of himself. If he wanted to be with Veronica, then so be it. I had no right to be getting mad about his relationship.

Once I had made this realization and calmed myself down a bit, I decided to go be social again, maybe even give Veronica a chance. I mean don’t get me wrong, I was still insanely jealous and thought Veronica was a bit fake, but hiding up in my room like a hormonal twelve year old was not doing anyone any good. I trotted down the stairs to find everyone sitting around the living room, scattered among the couches. All of the couples were together, obviously. Everyone’s gazes turned toward me as I entered the room, making me feel exceedingly uncomfortable. I hate when people stare at me, I just want to run away and hide or yell at them or something. I tried to avoid the sweetness of the smile that Veronica was giving me, feeling and uneasy and forced vibe from it. I smiled when I saw Jesse sitting on a very large armchair that could most definitely fit the two of us, his arms spread out and a hug smile on his face. I grinned back and fell into his arms as if he was my big brother. He kind of was, in a way. He smiled at me and I could tell he was proud I decided to stop being such a baby.

“So you were just in Italy?” Harry urged Veronica to continue on with what she had been saying before I had interrupted. I turned to her and listened intently as she described her experience, trying to be polite and open up as best as I could. I wouldn’t necessarily like accepting her, but I knew I had to try.

*Sydney’s P.O.V.*

I felt bad about not being able to talk to Veronica longer, I mean she seemed nice, but at the same time I was extremely anxious to see where Liam was taking me. I was hoping it wasn’t some expensive place, because I always feel so terrible when he pays for me. I know he’s just being a gentleman, but still. I didn’t worry too much about that though, because neither of us were really dressed for that sort of occasion. I smiled to myself as we pulled into the small black lot of a cozy looking café. I noticed Liam smiling at me out of the corner of my eye. “What?” I asked, brushing a lock of honey colored hair behind my ear and blushing slightly. He just shook his head, still smiling, as he climbed out of the car. I eyed him curiously as I got out to, taking his hand as our paths met.

“Nothing,” he replied. “I was just thinking of how lucky I am that you’re mine.” I rolled my eyes, but squeezed his hand as we entered the café, beaming slightly even though he always said sweet things like that. The beauty of them was in their randomness, how we would be in the middle of an average, everyday moment and he’d just remind me of how much he cares about me.

“I love you,” I whispered simply so that my words could be heard by us two only. I leaned up on my tip toes (Liam is a good four inches taller than me) and planted a swift peck on his cheek. He smiled down at me lovingly, making my stomach feel all warm and fuzzy.

“I love you too,” he whispered back just before we reached the counter. We ordered our drinks and food and such, and I was glad Liam kept the venue simple. He had probably learned by now that I don’t like fancy places. We chose a table in a secluded yet comfortable seeming corner and took a seat, both of us with small, content grins pasted on our faces. I just loved being in his presence, no matter where we were or what we were doing. Anything was fine with me as long as we were together. We sat in peaceful silence for a moment before Liam spoke up again. “I’m going to miss you,” he sighed, talking one of my hands in his. I smiled sadly, staring into his warm brown eyes.