Chapter Forty Five

Unknown number: Hi Layl.
I just found out I am not the baby's father. I am about to do something, and I don't think I'll be able to come back.

It was supposed to be us. You and and me Layl, I trusted you.

***

"Ahmed I have been kicking for eternity," I complained my legs trying to kick against the numbness.

"Stop exaggerating hayati," He said as he walked closer to me. I put my head in the water, as I grasped on to the metal rail and continued to kick. I take out my head out of the water and take in a deep breath.

"How come you aren't kicking?" I asked him, kicking slower now.

"I am not the one who doesn't know how to swim."

"You should be kicking for motivation purposes," I said and stood in the shallow waters. Ahmed crossed his arms across his chest, and raised his eyebrows. "I am tired!" I yelled, frustrated.

"You have five more minutes left," He said in a stern voice. I tried to pout and look as glum as I could, but still he didn't budge. "My love... you know," I walked towards him and kept my hands on his chest. "It's not good to tire your wife so much."

"Is that so," He looked at me and I nodded.

"Yes."

"Hahah okay darling, anything you say. But you still have five minutes left," He spoke.

"Ugh!" I splashed the water to his face.

"What was that for?" He tried to block his face with his arms.

"For this... this torture," I said, and throw my hands only for them to splash the water. I turned to walk away, before I took a step he held my hand.

"Hey..." he said in a low tone. "Sorry, you know I love you right." I still didn't look at him.
"You know I can't stand it when you're mad at me." He mistook my tiredness with anger. "Tell me what I have to do to make it up to you," he spoke in a sincere-low tone.

" 20 laps," I said. Ahmed let go of my hand and started swimming to the other end of the pool. I observed him as he swam so hastily and with grace. He was done with eight laps, in less than four minutes. "Stop!" I yelled. The guilt got to me, as he was returning for his 9th round. He turned to look at me, confused.

"I am not angry at you. I am just really tired and I have a head ache," I explained.

"And the 20 laps was for?"

"For insisting on five more minutes," I said. "I am sorry," I apologized.

"It's fine my love. You want me to carry you?" He asked. I nodded, and said:

"Yes please."

"Haha. Come here princess," He swam to me and stood up. Ahmed carried me out of the pool, bridal style, until the bathroom. Where I decided a long hot shower would be the perfect ending to my so called training. After my shower, I wore my orange long sleeved maxi-dress. I combed my damp hair and left it open, so it could dry faster.

I got on the bed, and just laid there, resting my sore feet. I switched on the air conditioner, got comfortable in the covers in bed and it wasn't long till sleep took over. I couldn't resist it. The cool air and comfortable bed, just made it impossible to stay awake. I woke up feeling refreshed, energised, ready to run a marathon type of energy. My stomach started rumbling, I need food. Before I went to the kitchen I decided to comb my hair, I spent about ten minutes detangling and combing throughly. I need to get a haircut, I thought to myself as I tied my hair into a high bun. I went to the kitchen, in search of food. A snack, anything. There was a bag packet of Lay's potato chips on the kitchen counter, I started munching on them, greedily and enjoying every bite I took. "Ahmed!" I yelled his name, in hopes of his response.