Chapter Eleven: Royal Dinner

Waking up in Samuel's room for the second time, being wrapped up in his sheets with nothing but his shirt on, smelling nothing but toast and bacon, hearing the low sizzling coming from the kitchen, along with the stock channel playing in the living room; it was all surreal. I thought I had a stroke in the middle of the night and imagining this moment and what happened last night. Samuel and I made a form of connection, it was friendly; we talked to one another without arguing or storming away, he shared his food, we watching tv, wrote on each other's limbs and laughed, we had sex- slow sex that I begged for.

What's happening to me? Why are bees flames growing inside my stomach? Why are the butterflies dancing along the light? Why is my heart beating fast when I think about...him? Oh god, I have a crush on him and I'm only thrown gasoline in that pit of flames and made that crush worse.

I crawled out of bed and walked out the room after getting myself together, Samuel was standing in the kitchen trying not to burn the apartment down. I didn't know rather to get dress and leave or stay, it wasn't exactly another one-night stand. "Hey," I leaned on the kitchen island. "Bacon and toast for breakfast?"

"Yeah, it's better than a protein shake." He set a small plate in front of me holding the grand breakfast I haven't had in forever. Usually I wouldn't eat breakfast or I'll just get a breakfast bar and call it a day. He even went the extra mile in pouring me a glass of orange juice, not really necessary but helpful.

"Thanks." I chuckled while trying to hope into the extremely tall stool. "You going into work today?"

"No, I'm taking a day off, it's been a while since I had that. You?"

I shook my head no, "I get Sunday's off, I try not to call off unless I'm sick or something." I took a huge bite out of the toasted wheat bread covered in melted butter.

"You're going to work yourself to death if you don't get an actual personal time, you know that right?" Turning off the stove, Samuel made his own small plate and sat across from me at the bar- home being tall, he easily slides into the stool. He looks even more relaxed in the morning than at night; hair still a mess, shorts on and a t-shirt as if he's going out to the gym soon; I won't be surprised if he used his day off to go to the gym.

"Yeah, but the bills don't." I comment as if my struggle of living was a natural thing in his world. In fact, Samuel never talked about rather or not his family was a long line of wealth people who owned mansions and law industries, he just told me about the family business of everyone being a lawyer- all the boys following their father's footsteps.

Each brother had the same form of job, but different descriptions; Samuel represented B-listed celebrities and other wealthy families that probably owned half of New York- which makes me understand how he can blow his money as if it were payday every day. His older brother is a divorce lawyer for any class of people, the second oldest is an immigrant lawyer, and third is a regular prosecutor for the victims family's who was apart of murder and other mishaps, and their father, well he only said he was DA- not really shining light on him much. At least not as much as his mother who's not a lawyer, but more of a social worker or use to be after giving birth to Samuel.

It's still true, we didn't get into deep depths of his parents, but in order to explain why he tore his dreams of being a physician by listing everyone's important job. From what I gathered, the way he looked when mentioning his father, the reason why he left pre-medicine to go to study criminal justice during undergrad; he was forced into it, and even now with his brothers having the heavy lifting jobs- his father was disappointed in his line of helping others. Basically his line of work wasn't good enough to make daddy proud, and honestly, I think Samuel is doing a great job. Not because I have a crush on him or anything, I just don't understand how a father, or any parent, can be disappointed of their child.