30. Ready

Travis fell asleep while Stephanie worked on my dress. I thanked her repeatedly for her help, but she brushed it off and said,

"It's an honor."

I sat at the windowsill bench, my feet up on the seat as I pulled my knees to my chest. I'll admit that I miss home, I miss feeling the bliss freedom of swimming spaciously until I am directed elsewhere. I miss the scenery not a lot of beings can say that they seen. And, I finally admit, that I miss my father. Not the stern strict personality I've grown too used to, but the only man I know in my heart that would do and say stupid and hurtful things, only to keep me safe. I know he loves me, but I need to learn life's twists on my own. I need to be independent and fail, to grow from my mistakes.

I need him to let me be who I am.

I need him to see that.

As I stared over to the water of the ocean, the waves building up in its depths, I thought of being in it. I thought of being me and expressing who I am to humans. I thought of what would happen if I came out to everyone around, the best possible scenario.

If everyone knew and everything could possibly turn out okay without experiments climaxing on our better nature, mermaids and humans could live together without hassle.

But the stories of how my mother was captured and taken away, it kept my mouth shut about our secret.

I leaned my head against the glass of the window and sighed, stretching my legs out on the bench and wishing it were my tail. The massive muscles flexing under the scales felt wonderful when it was needed.

"Evanjaline?" Stephanie called for me.

"Hmmm?" I hummed, turning my attention to her. She had a small strand of hair that escaped from the grasp of her hair tie that held everything in a pony-tail. Both hands were behind her back, her body shielding the item she held.

"I'm done," She said, satisfied. It's been three hours since she got here.

"Wanna see it? I need you to put it on so I can see if I need to make any adjustments."

"Of course." I said excitedly. I stood from my place at the windowsill and walked towards Stephanie. She smiled big before showing me the finished material that she hid.

It was turned into something so beautiful. The straight strap-less top was cut and sowed to give off a fitted corset, tightened all the way down the sides. The curves of where my hips and thighs will be, is easily seen.

I took off the big shirt Travis allowed me to used so it would be easy to undress. I grabbed the fixated Caribbean blue material and found that she also added a zipper on the side where she first cut, the zip going all the way down to the top of the hip.

I unzipped the dress then stepped into it, pulling it up my body and over my breasts. I found the zipper again and tightened the dress by pulling it up and into place.

"How is it?" Stephanie asked, a hand going under her chin in thought.

"It feels nice, like an extra layer of skin." I informed her while she circled around me.

"It's not too tight or anything?"

"No, actually. Any tighter, it would be too much."

"Cool." She squeaked excitedly. "Travis, look what I did." She said happily, turning to face him. He was still sleeping, turned on his side and kind of in a ball with his knees coming up. Stephanie grabbed the pillow from under his head and began beating him with it. "Wake up, sleeping beauty! I need your opinion!"

"Don't tamper with a wild animal." Travis groaned, snatching the pillow away from her.

"You're not a wild animal. More like a house kitten." Stephanie teased. "Now, tell me what you think of the dress, yeah? We need a mans point-of-view." She paused. "But you're all we have, so I guess your opinion will do."