Chapter six-developing

Lucy awoke the next morning slightly dazed. She didn't know at first why she was sleeping in a cave on the ground. The events of the past few days came back to her. Natsus rudeness, Erzas inability to give jellal a chance. She believed her friends understood why she left, but she still felt bad about leaving them. It wasn't like she would never come back. She simply wanted to show them how strong she was.

She currently could summon two celestial spirits at once. She wanted to improve, become stronger. Not only for herself, but her spirits too. She always believed that her spirits were her friends not her shields. She wanted to be able to stand beside them and fight with them. 

She groggily got to her feet, looking around for jellal but the place was empty. She found a note by the door, jellal had went for breakfast. Lucy smiled, everyone thought jellal was evil and unchangeable. Lucy knew there was still good in him and she would prove it.

She gathered her belongings and stepped outside for some fresh air. She looked to the sky to see a sea of blue, clouds and birds. She smiled as the sun tickled her skin. She heard rustling in the bushes beside her and got into a ready stance.

"Calm down, its just me." Jellal said, stepping out of the bushes. Lucy visibly calmed down at the sight of him. "You scared me." She said, chuckling slightly and shaking her head. "My apologies." He said, bowing his head slightly.

He threw her an apple and a bottle of water. "Eat up, we have a long journey." He said, as he sat down to eat his own apple. "Were are we going?" Lucy asked sitting beside him. 

"We need to go somewhere we can let lose but not hurt anyone. I was thinking the tower of heaven. I know it holds bad memories for a lot of people, but we would have a whole island to ourselves to train on." He said confidently.

Lucy pondered his proposal for a moment. "I think that's a good idea. That way we don't have to worry about you being spotted and won't hurt anyone." She said with a smile. They began their journey to the tower of heaven.

Back at fairy tail.

Levy sighed for the second time while reading her book of ancient knowledge. "What is it shrimp?" Gajeel asked beside her. He had been watching her the past few hours, noticing her constant sighing.

"I miss Lucy." She said, not taking her eyes off her book. "I know you do." He said, placing his arm around her shoulder. "Don't worry, I'm sure she's out there doing whatever it is bunny girls do, gehe." He ducked as Levy took a swing at him.

"She's training, or so she said." Levy said, going back to her book. "Lucy's gonna come back stronger than any of us." A voice said. Levy looked up to find Wendy before her. "Hi Wendy! Your right, she will." Levy said, gesturing for Wendy to sit down.

The sky dragon slayer sat down before speaking. "Do you think Lucy left because natsu was mean to her?" She asked quietly, turning to look at natsu and lisanna in the corner.

"No, Lucy's to strong to leave because of him." Levy said smirking. "Sure, he said some mean things and definitely hurt her feelings, but she wouldn't leave us because of that." Levy assured.

"Hahah, natsu your so silly." Lisannas voice could be heard from across the guild. "I'm serious lisanna." Natsu said. "I want you to be my girlfriend." He smiled. Lisanna smiled just as big as natsu. "Yes! Yes I'll be your girlfriend!" Lisanna screamed. She hugged natsu around the neck.

Natsu stood up turning to the guild. "Hey, everyone! Me and lisanna are officially going out!" He Yelled, as everyone began to cheer and some cried. Levy rolled her eyes as some of the guys came to congratulate natsu, slapping him on the back and giving high fives. Elfman was in the corner crying about his little sister becoming a woman.

Erza joined gajeel, Wendy and Levy at their table. "So, he actually asked her." She said, eating her strawberry cake. "Wonder how long it will last?" She said to no one in particular. "I give it a week." Gajeel said. "I give it a month." Wendy chimed in. "I think three days." Levy said confidently.

The other three looked to her questioningly. "Why do you think that?" Gajeel questioned. "Well, natsu is a guy." She started. "He'll either leave because he's not getting what he wants, or find someone he thinks he likes more." She concluded. Wendy and Erza both agreed, nodding their heads.

Gajeel shook his head slightly. "Not all guys are like that you know." He said with a hurt expression. Levy looked at him before replying. "Your right, not all guys are like that. But, not every guy can be as caring as you gajeel." She said with a smile and small blush.

Erza and Wendy laughed at Levy's playfulness. Gajeel looked like he was trying to figure out if she was joking or not. He finally shook his head giving up.

Natsu and lisanna were walking around the guild hand in hand. Everyone seemed happy for the pair, except a little blue exceed that is. Happy flew out of the guild furious, searching for Lucy.

Back with Lucy.

A few days after leaving the cave jellal and Lucy arrived at the tower of heaven. "Wow, it's completely destroyed." Lucy said in a small whisper, remembering the events that took place here. Her fear she felt when thinking natsu and Erza had died. Jellal bowed his head in self loathing.

"I'm so sorry." He said, stepping away from her. "Everything that happened here was my fault. I wouldn't blame you for hating me." He said.

"I don't hate you. At first I did, yes. But, I still see good in you, jellal." She said, grabbing his shoulder and making him look at her. She could see the tears in his eyes, the hurt expression on his face. She did something then she never thought she would do, she hugged him.

She could feel the stiffness from his surprise. He slowly loosened up and hugged her back, his shoulders shaking. She stood there, embracing him, running her hand up and down his back.

"So, you ready to train?" She asked, stepping back from their somewhat awkward embrace. "Hell yeah. Let's do this." He said, whipping away his tears.

End chapter.

I really hope you all are enjoying my story so far. I know it's a slow moving story but it will get better. I'm trying really hard on this one and have to take time to work out the words so please be patient with me. Once again if anyone has any suggestions I'm more than happy to hear them. Peace!! ✌️