Chapter two- mission gone wrong

Hey guys Ashley here, hope your enjoying the story so far. If you have anything you would like to happen just leave a comment. If you like it so far hit that vote button and leave a comment. I love my readers very deeply, it's because of you that I write. I want to write something that you enjoy reading so please give me your opinions.

Lucy hummed as she walked to the guild, excitement building in her stomach. What kind of mission would gray, Erza and herself go on? She stopped in front of the guild doors, taking a deep breath before walking though.

The guild was rowdy as ever, elfman could be heard yelling "man" from across the room. Lucy smiled and waved at her guildmates as they greeted her. This was her home, her family. She couldn't imagine her life without them.

Lucy walked to the bar were Mira was cleaning glasses. "Hey Mira, can I get a strawberry milkshake please?" Lucy asked politely. "Coming right up!" Mira chirped. She fixed Lucy's milkshake and gave it to her with a smile. "You waiting on gray and Erza?" Mira asked.

Lucy nodded as she drank her milkshake. "Yeah, Gray said he would go on a mission with me since I have rent due, and he invited Erza along. I wonder what the mission is?" Lucy spoke the last part as if talking to herself.

"Lucy." A female voice said. "Have you been waiting long?" Lucy turned around to see the redheaded warrior herself standing behind her. "Oh, hey Erza. No I haven't been waiting long." Lucy said with a smile as Erza sat down. "Where's gray?" Lucy asked looking around.

"I thought he would be here since he left before me." Lucy said thoughtfully. "Oh he's finishing up with juvia, she heard we were going on a mission." Erza said looking toward the corner of the guild.

"Why is gray-sama taking love rival on a mission?!" Juvia asked gray heatedly. Gray sighed before answering. "Because, Lucy has to pay rent and I'm her friend so I'm helping her." Gray said. He turned his back on juvia and walked to the bar joining Lucy and Erza.

"That went well." Erza said with a smirk. Gray glared at her when she turned her head. "Yeah, she doesn't like that I'm going on a mission with Lucy and not her." He said in a monotone. "She's more than welcome to come." Lucy said with a smile. "Don't let her hear you." Gray said quickly looking around. The bluenette had already left the guild in tears.

"So, what's the mission?" Erza asked with authority, as she ate her strawberry cake. "Well, we have to get rid of some bandits. It's a simple job but the pay was good. Oh, that reminds me, I was gonna let you have my pay of the mission Lucy." Gray said slapping his hand on Lucy's shoulder.

Lucy was shocked at grays words. "But...why?" Lucy asked. "Won't you need to pay rent too.?"

"Well, I figured I would go on a mission with juvia when we get back. My rents not due for a few more weeks so I have plenty of time." Gray said shrugging slightly. Lucy's heart swelled at grays kindness, before she could stop herself she hugged him.

She felt his body stiffen under her touch at first. Gray chuckled nervously before slightly hugging back. "So, you ready to kick butt?" Gray asked stepping back, and looking at the two girls before him. Erza was battle ready as always, Lucy tightened her ponytail before smiling her biggest smile.

"Let's do this!" The three of them said as they headed for the guild doors. The doors burst open before they reached them revealing natsu and lisanna. "Guess what everybody!" Natsu yelled in excitement.

All eyes turned toward the pink haired boy as he yelled. "Me and lisanna are officially dating!" Natsu laughed happily. Lisanna stood behind him blushing slightly. Everyone began to cheer in happiness while elfman began to cry in joy.

Lucy felt as if her whole world had just been shattered. She could feel the tears stinging her eyes and rushed from the guild so no one could see. On her way she accidentally bumped into lisanna. "Oh I'm so sorry." Lucy said frantically, steadying lisanna before she fell.

"That's alright." Lisanna said with a kind smile. "Hey! Watch were your going Lucy! You could have hurt my girlfriend you know." Natsu said in a mean tone. "Lisanna is stronger than you think natsu." Gray said coming to Lucy's defense. "Besides, you know Lucy wouldn't bump into someone on purpose like that. Chill out man." Natsu glared at gray before stomping off to the bar.

Lucy gray and Erza left the guild for their mission. "I'm sorry Lucy." Erza said sadly. "I know how much you liked natsu. This must be hard for you. But remember, me and gray are here for you." She continued.

"Yeah, and natsus an idiot." Gray added with a laugh. "You can do way better than him anyway." Lucy continued in silence as they headed for the train station.

The ride would take them two hours before they reached the small town of Tisdale. Their mission was to get rid of some bandits causing trouble. As they grew closer to the town they began to devise their plan of action.

Gray simply wanted to go in there and kick the crap out of them. Erza wanted to use someone as bait to find their hideout. Lucy, well, her mind was back at the guild. Remembering the look on Natsus face as he had shouted at her.

"Earth to Lucy." Gray said thumping her forehead lightly. Lucy shook her head slightly as she looked up to find gray and Erza looking at her with concern. "Sorry guys." She said sighing. "I agree with gray. I mean we know were they are why not just go kick their butts."

Erza shook her head. "We can't just go in there and start beating people up. What if we have the wrong group of guys?" She asked with a serious expression. Lucy and gray agreed with the redhead and decided to have Lucy be the bait.

They waited until night to begin their plan. Lucy started walking down streets and alleys to become a potential target for the bandits. As she turned down an alley she heard a mans voice from behind her her. She turned to find a man in a hood standing behind her.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing out here all by yourself?" The voice asked. Lucy could hear the evil dripping from his tone. The hairs on her arms stood on end as fear began to take over. A loud crash resonated down the alley causing both of them to jump and look to the noise. A trash can had been knocked over by one of the bandits.

When Lucy turned around the hooded figure was gone. "Damn." She cursed under her breath. "Well well looks like I got me a pretty victim right here." The man said. He grabbed Lucy by the wrist and began dragging her down the alley. Lucy didn't struggle much as she knew Erza and gray were watching.

He led her out of the alley and down the street a few blocks. He stopped in front of an abandoned building and kicked open the door, flinging her inside. She let out a squeal of pain as she crashed into the floor. She looked around to get her bearings and figure out how many bandits they were dealing with.

She could see about twenty guys all sitting at tables and on couches. The hooded figure was nowhere to be seen. "Is this all of you?" Lucy asked from the floor. She smiled at the look on his face. "Yeah?" He said questioningly.

Lucy smiled wider as she saw gray and Erza step behind him. "You guys ready?" She asked as she stood. "Yeah!" They both said. Gray grabbed the guy from behind as Erza began on the others.

"Requip, heavens wheel." Erza said as her armor began to glow. Suddenly, ten swords appeared above her pointing at the men before her. They began to tremble in fear.

"Open gate of the golden bull, Taurus!" Lucy yelled as she pulled a key from her belt. A cow appeared before her. "Good mooorning mrs lucy. Your looking as hot as ever." He said with hearts in his eyes. "Just get them!" Lucy said shaking her head.

Before long the bandits were defeated as gray, Erza and Lucy stood there panting slightly. "Haha, rent money here I come." Lucy laughed. Gray and Erza both smiled seeing their friend go back to her happy self. They decided to spend the night in town before heading back to magnolia.

Gray and Erza were both sleeping as Lucy woke from a dream, having to go use the restroom. She stood from the bed and headed out the door down the hall. Before she could reach the bathroom door a cloth was covering her mouth and she could smell something. "Chloroform!" She thought to herself before passing out.

End chapter.