Once Upon a Rainy Day: chapter 14

"Hun! I think they're out here," Leo yelled from outside his bedroom. I was searching around all the places I had last seen those retched keys. Where are they? I

stood up from the crouched position I was in, looking underneath Leo's bed.

How did my keys get out there? I left them right on the white nightstand with waters stains from Leo not ever using a coaster. Maybe Leo had moved my keys this morning.

Who was that guy sitting at the table? That couldn't have been Collin, Leo's best friend, that guy was much too posh to be Collin. I didn't really get a good look at the guy as I rushed in. I was too focused on the paper that was about to be late being turned in to my publisher.

"I could've sworn I grabbed--" I spit as I fumbled out of the doorway making eye contact with the boy sitting at the table. His sparkling eyes put me into some trance that made the reality that my paper was sitting in my bag instead of Mrs. Jones' hands, slip away. The green dancing around his pupils seemed to overpower the rest of his face. I tried to look down from them, but I couldn't. There was nowhere I would rather look.

"Brittney?" He spoke. His chilling voice snapped me back. Hearing my name slide off his tongue like that made hearing anyone else saying my name just not suffice.

"Harry.. What are you doing here?" I yelped, finally getting something to crawl up my throat. He nervously crossed his spider-like legs. His fingers locked together onto his lap. I could tell something clicked in his mind that made his whole manly posture turn into an insecure hiding position.

"Oh, you two know each other already? That saves me the trouble of introducing you!" My boyfriend interrupted. My.. My boyfriend. YES! My boyfriend is sitting in the kitchen watching me check out the guy I've been thinking about for the past few months. My boyfriend Leo, the best and most loyal man I have ever met. My eyes finally escaped Harry's face as I looked up to Leo's soft eyes.

"Hun! Have you seen my keys?" I tried changing the subject. I rushed over to him, reached down into drawers as Harry's eyes still followed me.

"How'd you two meet?" Leo asked, still curious of mine and Mr. Styles last encounter. A hint of jealousy was present in Leo's voice.

"I um.. He was.. We met.." I tried to fathom some type of explanation.

"We met on a train," Harry butted in, with his thick accent. "I saw her on the train and had to know her story. Sadly, we didn't get enough time to really get to know each other." He looked up to me sadly. I almost felt guilty with him looking at me.

"Oh really? Britt, you never told me you met Harry Styles!" Leo laughed, pointing at Harry. Harry looked a little hurt hearing that I'd never mentioned him.

"It.. Must've slipped my mind." I looked down to my keys lying on the cold tile floor. My face beamed as I shot down to the ground and picked them up. "Got them!" I glanced up to Harry. He was staring at something behind me, avoiding my eyes. "Babe, I gotta go. Are we still on for tonight?" I asked making my way to the door.

"Yeah, yeah I'll see you later. You better hurry before you're late!" Leo waved goodbye to me.

I looked at Harry for one last time before leaving.

"It was nice seeing you again, Harry." I said trying to get his attention. He swiveled around in his chair.

"Yeah.. You too.." He said halfway into reality. You could tell he was thinking hard on something. His eyes didn't look up to me. They stayed in his lap, with not even a glance up.

I shut the platinum white door behind me, still holding onto the knob.

Why, all of the sudden do I feel empty? I could still feel the goosebumps rise on my arm from Harry's voice.