Once Upon a Rainy Day

"Corner bakery!" She yelled just as the metal doors were about to slam shut, separating us permanently until our next encounter.

My mind shut down for a split second as I stared into her light green eyes, forgetting everything that went wrong this morning. Here's my chance! Corner bakery! I've got to run. I turned around to millions of people surrounding me.
"Harry! Harry Styles!" I heard chants coming from every direction. Can everyone just forget that I'm famous for two seconds? I was being swarmed by paparazzi and fans all at once.
I dug my way through it all, snapping some pictures on my way out.

I lost control of my feet as they started sprinting through an unknown part of town after I escaped the crowds.
"Does anyone know where I can find corner bakery?" I yelled as my legs still kept fumbling over each other. Instead of answering me, the people around whipped their phones out, taking pictures of me. Great.

There was a bus in the far corner of my left eye that could possibly deliver me to my mystery girl. I began to pick up the pace as the trickles of rain came down hitting my face, blocking my vision from my surroundings. I fumbled over a few cracks in the pavement, but soon made it to the cold, blue bus.

"Excuse me sir, do you know where corner bakery is?" I panted grabbing the center of my chest trying to keep up with my breath.

"Of course I know where it is." He said with a thick accent. "I know this city like the back of my hand." I could tell his patience was up to the brim this morning. "But sadly, I can't take you there. It's out of my bus range. You're going to have to take the bus that stops about two miles down that road." He pointed his stubby finger north from where I was standing.

"Please sir, I'm desperate." I protested. He sighed back to me. He brought his left wrinkly hand up to his forehead and began rubbing down his also wrinkled face. I felt bad for putting this weight on his shoulder, but I needed to find her!

"Let me guess. I'm your only hope to reach the most important thing that has ever happened to you. This is the moment that could change your whole life, and it all depends on whether I say I can help you of not." He joked. His cheeks rose into a smile as he chuckled at his last remark.

"Actually, that's pretty spot on." I smirked. His smile faded back into the thin frown it was before.

"I'm sorry, but I still can't do that for you. It's against my policy." He grimly began starting his bus. "Now will you please step off my bus?"

"Please! What if I payed you all the money in my pockets?" I whipped out my wallet pulling out all the cash I had held in it. I reached my hand out to give it to him. He grabbed the cash, counting it in his mind as his fingers fumbled over one bill at a time. His muddy eyes grew double in size.

"W-we-well... Um... Take a seat." He glanced away from me, putting the wad of cash in his back pocket.

"Thank you! Cheers!" I said.

I haven't been in a city bus since I was a kid. The scenery seemed so unfamiliar. The stained light blue seats that were taring from every corner, the flickering lights in the back of the bus, and the stench coming from underneath seat number thirteen. It was all so new to me, and in some odd way.. I liked it. The bus jolted to a start as I placed myself in seat number seven. My window was slightly opened, letting the cold wind and rain in the small crack at the top. I stood on my knees as I tried to push it all the way up.

"It doesn't shut." Yelled the bus driver. He was staring at me through the long mirror in the front. I looked up to his name tag by the mirror. It read, Gary. That fit him very nicely.
I sat back down in my moldy old seat filled with residue from the rain coming in by the broken window. My eyes took me to the window. I stared out at the trees that were speeding past and the rain that seemed to block everything else in sight. The rain seemed to follow me everywhere I went. I didn't mind it, but it'd be nice for one sunny day very once in awhile. The sound of the trickling rain sprinkling the earth made me sleepy. I hardly got close to no sleep last night. Maybe I'll rest my eyes for a bit...