Chapter 4{I trusted you}

As I make my way over to the coffee shop nearest I take a deep sniff and access the place. The smell of coffee grounds seeming ironic due to the signage.

Grounds

Walking into the cafe I crashed into a hard wall, looking up I realized the wall was a living breathing work of art. On the inside my insides were accessing the blue eyed brown haired model, and frowned when I recognized the smirk he was giving me. I moved out of his way only to be blocked by him again. This was just my luck when I was talking of secrets and this man in a suit was one of the few that knew who I was.

"Get out of my way Mason."

Her eyes lightened with humor and a smirk extended further across his face in glee as he blocked my way to the coffee counter.

"Oh Rose, is that any way to talk to an old friend."

Even the words coming out of his lips were designed to manipulate the pull into his arms, it was husky and sexy, but I knew better. He used to be one of my closest friends in middle school actually, our parents would set up playdates in hopes of us connecting. It worked, until it didn't. Their wasn't any need for friends in my life and especially toxic heartbreakers like Mason Coldwell. He played one of my good girlfriends and broke her heart with another of my friends. Mason was always so vindictive because he couldn't make me fall for him because I was too smart for his tricks.

He told me the heartbreak he caused my friends was all in good fun, the perfect way to kick off our freshmen year. I spit on his shoes and ended the friendship with some crude words. I avoided him ever since. Their was no place for a billionaire playboy to take residence in my life if he would spite me for not loving him.

"You were never a friend of mine, Mr.Coldwell."

His eyes darkened this time as I try to sidestep him again.

"What are you doing in Boston anyway? Last time I heard you were in Dubai with those Arabian girlfriends of yours."

"Is that jealousy I hear in your voice Ms.Chase?"

I swoop under his arm blocking me and sway my way to the counter smiling.

"That would mean I would have to give two fucks about you, which I don't."

"Ooh, my pure innocent sweet little Rose has a mouth on her now."

His hands trail my shoulders as I stand in line behind a rather exuberant peroxide blonde haired girl chattering to a camera with a microphone attached. I shiver with disgust at his hands for I was spoken for and only had eyes for Zander.

"I'm taken so I would rather you keep your hands in check."

"I'm sure his hands can't do what mine can."

I felt the heat of his hand before I felt his hand graze my hip and I jump.

"Same old Mason then." 

I turn to smack him and push him away standing in line yet again noticing the girl had put her camera away and was placing her order, I would be next.

"Same old Rose then."

I snorted as I glanced to the stubborn and spoiled blue eyed boy, I look back to the annoyed cashier, a boy no older than 18 with bright green hair and a nose ring. His attitude was that of an annoyed teenager and it amused me to no end.