Chapter 2{Olivia}

Closing the door behind me I hum a tune as I wait for the elevator doors to open. Once the door extend to reveal the small enclosed metal space adorned with carpet and artful graffiti I step inside. Pressing the button with satisfying click, I tap my feet to the oddly calming elevator music playing in the background. They hadn't changed the song once since we moved to our 2 bedroom apartment two years ago. My friends that I had brought over to study told me the music reminded them of outdated 90's music, but I only seem to find it soothing. As it reminded me that I was home and I was safe. The ding of the elevator makes me smile as the doors slide open to reveal the slightly sketchy front lobby. The thirty year old man at the desk sat idly feet on the counter as he twiddled with his phone. The fact he still kept his job was astounding to us all, he rarely even looked up from his phone.

"Morning Dan,"

I always bid him good morning as it was the nice thing to do. His scraggly brown hair, five o'clock shadow and pot belly make his image as a slight alcoholic very known. I check my phone for my scheduled car service making sure that it was outside.

"Mornin' Rose."

His reply was systematic and friendly as it was every Tuesday morning before micro biology. I stepped out into the fall weather growing chillier by the day. Rushing to the sliver optima I open the door and tip my head to my blonde driver. Looking back to my phone for the name of my driver I discover it sounds familiar.

"Olivia. Is your last name by chance Gregor?"

"Rose, is that you? It's been ages since I've seen you"

I look up to the reflection and the bright green eyes draw my attention. It was her, Olivia Gregor. She was in my classes in highschool, she was always a couple steps behind me, but nevertheless an A student. Last time I had seen her was graduation after giving my valedictorian speech we had hugged and promised to stay in touch. We never did and here we are.

"What a wonderful coincidence, I hope you could get me to class on time."

"Which major did you finally decide on?"

"Biology."

"Of course you did, it fits you perfectly."

"How about you Liv?"

"English Lit."

Talk about a perfect fit, Liv was alway so good in Ap english courses, I never failed to be impressed by her essay writing skills. Alway outshining in her classes whenever it had a thing to do with english.

*******

After catching up with Liv I wave my goodbye to her as I save her contact in my phone. I walk up the steps to the intimidating building and open the glass doors. I rush to my classroom so I wouldn't be late. Once I step through the micro biology's door I take my seat in the front and middle of the room. I pull out my laptop and set it up in preparation for class, today was going to be a very productive day.