Chapter 5 {Breakup Makeovers}

I was sitting in the middle of the elevator as that insipid song played. Making my ears bleed. Was it me? Did I make him not find me trustworthy? Strong enough to handle this?

I stared at my familiar surroundings cursing them for my misfortune. WAS I not sexy enough !?!

I shook my head as the elevator door opened and my bleary eyes looked out onto the almost empty lobby. What had I done? I'm sick and tired of being Rose FUCKING Chase with the perfect grades, perfect life. THE PERFECT BOYFRIEND.

Fuck it all. Fuck it all to hell.

I ripped my shoes off and chucked them through the elevator doors,  causing them to reopen as my shoes cracked against the tile floor. I stood up and walked through the metal doors. Heart feeling as though it was ripping itself apart.

Daniel's feet fell from his desk as his gaze fell to me. A woman scorned. Their was nothing scarier.

"Rose, are you okay?"

I snort at the question with anguish and disbelief as I looked at my phone for the one contact I knew wouldn't call Zander and Jason right after called the them.

"I will be."

I sent the text to Olivia begging for a helping hand. I was desperate and she was too new in my life to be poisoned by those boys I use to trust with all my heart.

I knew I had only met her today ,but prayed she still remembered our old days of being friends.

I walk out the doors of my apartment complex not looking back. Flats in hand I was a new woman. A harder woman.

****

"I came as soon as I got your text, I'm sorry I wasn't as fast as I'd hope. I was in classes."

Olivia's apology flicked off me like a water off a rock and I nodded my head; numb. The video would out soon and my 21 year old self would be black out drunk before I even got a hint of the backlash.

"Do you want to come back to my apartment? I live with my three other girlfriends. Their chill, nothing like those fucking assholes you live with."

"Do you think we can go out tonight? I'm not exactly in the Ben & Jerry's type of night mood. "

She nodded her head in understanding as she started the ignition and back the car out of my damned apartment complex. The bastards didn't even run after me. They probably were fucking as we spoke.

My heart ached. I always knew their was something was off when he wouldn't touch me. Only a peck. Kisses never deepened. No groping hands. I always had thought it was out of respect of that night, but it was so much more than that.

He wasn't attracted to me at all. And I WAS SO BLIND.

I was so stupid.